Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why not ban every bleedin' thing

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6210532.stm

Festive decorations are a rare sight in offices, the report says
Christmas decorations have been banned by almost three out of four UK employers, for fear of offending staff from other faiths, a survey says.

The study found that 74% of managers were not allowing any festive decorations in their workplaces this year, an increase on 71% in 2005.

Bosses also felt that Christmas trees and tinsel made offices unprofessional, according to law firm Peninsula.

Its survey spoke to 2,300 employers across the UK.

"Christmas trees and decorations may well be a thing of the past in many workplaces this Christmas as political correctness culture has spread to the workplace," said Peter Done, managing director of Peninsula.

"Although employers who are enforcing the ban are sceptical and dismayed by this trend, they feel that they have little choice in the matter due to the threat of litigation; as they have to protect themselves, their reputation and their livelihood."

A separate festive report suggests that workers are increasingly having to spend their own money at office Christmas parties.

Only a third of UK workers are now given a completely free night at their annual festive bash, according to supermarket chain Somerfield, which spoke to 1,200 adults.
------

This country is just getting f***ing ridiculous now. Why not ban any white Brits from appearing in public in case we offend a muslim?

This is a CHRISTIAN country FFS. :angry:

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Two trees and three company parties all with subsidised alcohol at them here. And yet oddly enough, I had to be sneaked the bottle of wine I won for a performance award for "sensitivity reasons"... but not what you'd think - theres a site visitor from head office ehre and they don't approve of giving staff booze :lolol: :lolol:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Virgo's Haircut said:
This country is just getting f***ing ridiculous now. Why not ban any white Brits from appearing in public in case we offend a muslim?

This is a CHRISTIAN country FFS. :angry:

Thats exactly what a few of us have been saying for a while VH, But you can now expect to be put into the same catagory as the rest of us so called right wing racists!

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
surely not being allowed to celebrate xmas is offending US (christians etc?).. dont the great white unwashed have rights too?

if people get upset by a few bits of tunsel, to celebrate a time of PEACE and GOOD WILL, then stuff the lot of them. we didnt ask people to come here or like what goes on, but do expect the laws and traditions to be respected- just as we would have to, when abroad.

crosbysleftear

Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Has anyone ever met anyone of any faith who got offended by Christmas decorations? I think this is just bosses being tight miserable goits and looking for any excuse they can think of to get away with it.

On the subject of Christmas parties I think the bigger the company the more likely you are to get subsidised. My current place are letting us have a quiz. On site. Brilliant. :down:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
http://anon.doubleclick.edgesuite.n...bseeker/images/041206_Xmas_Party_article2.htm

this 'xmas etiquette' guide just received, with an email job listing ..

they missed off the suggestions about having a party at the weekend, as no-one will be fit to work the nect day..

also, make sure the person you are chatting up isnt related to, or goodfriends with the boss, before slagging the firm off..

lastly, always take a camera. often good for blackmail, er, pay reviews later on, should you catch the boss with someone they shouldnt be with..!

Last edited:

Ok, quick poll.

Anyone on here whose company have banned xmas decorations?

My company is a no ban, decorations ARE allowed and in fact 2 muslims have them on their desks. Lets see if anyone can come up with an instance where a ban has been imposed?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Dick Knights Mumm said:
They are banning Christmas decorations ?

Thank Christ for that.

Innit. I wish they'd ban them here.

And as for this being a CHRISTIAN country? Well, that may be the main religion but I'm f***ed if I'm a Christian.

Seagullible said:
takes the piss, if we went to their countries and complaine dthat their festival upset us we'd be stoned to death.
THIS IS ENGLAND - CHRISTIANITY IS OUR MAIN RELIGION AND WE CAN CELEBRATE HOW WE f***ing WANT TO!!!!!:angry:

Fair play to you then if you are one of the 6% of CHRISTIANS in this country who regularly attend church services.

Britain isn't a Christian country, it's main official religion is Christianity, but most of us ain't Christians.
FACT!

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Are people REALLY stupid - not to mention deferential - enough to buy everything that's in the prolefeed press hook, line and sinker without actually thinking about it?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Christian country eh? are you christian? how many of your work colleges went to church last Sunday? Or last month, or the last year?

sooner we drop all this religious "Christ"mas bollocks and return this to what it really is, a mid winter festival, the sooner we can dispense with all this PC rubbish.

All the Muslims, Sikhs and Jews at my company went to christmas party and dont give a crap about the decorated tree in reception.

Jarvo

Aug 16, 2006
Portslade
beorhthelm said:
Christian country eh? are you christian? how many of your work colleges went to church last Sunday? Or last month, or the last year?

sooner we drop all this religious "Christ"mas bollocks and return this to what it really is, a mid winter festival, the sooner we can dispense with all this PC rubbish.

All the Muslims, Sikhs and Jews at my company went to christmas party and dont give a crap about the decorated tree in reception.

So what do we exactly celebrate in a 'midwinter festival' and why would it be any less b*ll**ks that celebrating the natvity of Christ?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
readingstockport said:
So so far no-one works at an employer where this banning of decorations has taken place. SO much for 75% of them doing so. Or perhaps it's just another case of bollocks being reported as news.
All the time seriously stooopid people buy it and believe it, it won't stop. The opportunity for employers to skimp on a few quid and get in moans about "them ethnics" while they're at it is seemingly far too good for them to pass up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here