Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is this ad not deemed racist ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
EDIT: I have just seen the 'Operation Black Vote' thing. So I guess they have gone for the white person being aggressive deliberately - still don't find it racist though.

I presume that it is trying to say to people of ethnic minorities "Make your voice heard. Register to vote so you have a say in what affects you, rather than those decisions being made by white people, some of whom don't like you".

That's how I interpret it. If that is a 'racist message' then I guess the OP has a point. Don't really CARE though, tbh.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just looking at the Sol Campbell one - what the hell is that all about?

Surely us being outside of the EU would have very little impact on the skin colour of British residents? I may be being ignorant but Europe is historically inhabited by caucasians isn't it? I appreciate that many people from french colonies can get French citizenship and therefore have free travel but I would assume that isn't a majority.

We are lucky to have a multicultural society and I don't think that would change whether in the EU or not?

Am I completely missing the point of it or is it really trying to go down that argument? As a side note, I don't like Sol Campbell and don't think he actually does much good in the whole equality battle

I don't think the Sol Campbell one is anything to do with the EU Referendum. I think that one was from the GE.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What next Snow White is racist because there is no Snow Black in the story.

Is Jess racist because he is Postman Pat's black and white cat and therefore excluding any race of different colours

Should the Jack and Jill books be banned as there is no transgender friend in the story.

Just accept it for what it is, an poster showing that all votes are equal.

Isn't it tine to get of your high horse.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Just looking at the Sol Campbell one - what the hell is that all about?

Surely us being outside of the EU would have very little impact on the skin colour of British residents? I may be being ignorant but Europe is historically inhabited by caucasians isn't it? I appreciate that many people from french colonies can get French citizenship and therefore have free travel but I would assume that isn't a majority.

We are lucky to have a multicultural society and I don't think that would change whether in the EU or not?

Am I completely missing the point of it or is it really trying to go down that argument? As a side note, I don't like Sol Campbell and don't think he actually does much good in the whole equality battle

With you on pretty much all of that, especially the seemingly damaging way he lobs racism claims around. Prime example being his firm belief that he'd have been England captain if he was white, rather than it being to people who (presumably) aren't divisive bellends.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Well done for deliberately missing the point.
It is not racist... Neither would an angry black man threatening a little old white lady have been racist.
However your suggestion would not have made the point anywhere near as well as this option has.
In fact your option would probably have been quite confusing to most people.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Oh yes. Because I don't hold your own myopic view, I must be some sort of farcical PR goon. Nice one.
you dont hold my view thats for certain, whats also certain is that your view is myopic in the extreme.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Well done for deliberately missing the point.
It is not racist... Neither would an angry black man threatening a little old white lady have been racist.
However your suggestion would not have made the point anywhere near as well as this option has.
In fact your option would probably have been quite confusing to most people.
And the point of this post is ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here