Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is nobody getting arrested!?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Watching sky news and watching all the videos i see nobody getting arrested. Is it not a crime to riot?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
We had this after the last night of rioting about 7 years ago, about a week later the ringleaders’ pictures were in the local rag and one by one they were tracked down. Some were given very long sentences, hopefully the same will be done this time.

I was right in the middle of the trouble down by reeves corner and Tamworth road and the police should have intervened, when I first noticed reeves furniture shop on fire, the fire was tiny and could have been put out in a matter of minutes, the bus fire was just left to rage for 30 minutes. If the people involved were big horrible skin heads I could understand the police reluctance to intervene but they were young, predominately black kids.

West Croydon high street might be a shithole but I think it’s f***ing disgraceful that the police just stood by as small independent retailers had their shops wrecked and looted, the police did nothing while young black kids caused havoc all over the borough.

Hopefully these scenes spell and end to the softly, softly approach to anti social behaviour which is seemingly adopted by the police.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Police don't have the capability to put the fires out.

that's the role of the FIRE brigade. Police are there to uphold public order and safety

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
they will be arrested most of its on film

Exactly. I expect them to get a good proportion of these toe-rags in the end, but I'd imagine that a lot of 'em are too young to bang up in chokey for a long stretch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here