Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why I love the Albion!

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
As I have put on here before, I have only been a fan for a short amount of time, but even still I love this club with a passion I never thought I would for a club halfway across the world lol. Some might say how can I feel that way for a club not even in my own country? Let alone, one I have never seen in person before? For me it is very simple: This club has my heart now due to the love my fellow fans have for this wonderful club, the passion of those in charge to see us succeed, etc. Yes even NSC has helped with this haha:cool:

With Potter and TB running things, we really are an example of how a club should be in all facets, and the jealously I am sure is rife through tons of other clubs in the Prem; as it should be. The fantastic start to this season has been awesome to see, and I just cannot wait for our next fixture as soon as the final whistle is blown on our previous one. I really do feel this will be a special season.

Truly appreciate the welcome this American has got on here gents lol, and if we do actually have the USA preseason next year(I have a good feeling we will) and some of you come over, I'll meet you. I'll be the 6'4 Ron Howard lookalike probably gulping down a beer:thumbsup:

UpTheAlbion

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As I have put on here before, I have only been a fan for a short amount of time, but even still I love this club with a passion I never thought I would for a club halfway across the world lol. Some might say how can I feel that way for a club not even in my own country? Let alone, one I have never seen in person before? For me it is very simple: This club has my heart now due to the love my fellow fans have for this wonderful club, the passion of those in charge to see us succeed, etc. Yes even NSC has helped with this haha:cool:

With Potter and TB running things, we really are an example of how a club should be in all facets, and the jealously I am sure is rife through tons of other clubs in the Prem; as it should be. The fantastic start to this season has been awesome to see, and I just cannot wait for our next fixture as soon as the final whistle is blown on our previous one. I really do feel this will be a special season.

Truly appreciate the welcome this American has got on here gents lol, and if we do actually have the USA preseason next year(I have a good feeling we will) and some of you come over, I'll meet you. I'll be the 6'4 Ron Howard lookalike probably gulping down a beer:thumbsup:

UpTheAlbion

Let’s see what you have to say when we go on a seven match losing streak :wink:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its good to see fans of this club from all around the world.
I was in Thailand recently, but only saw the locals wearing Man U, Liverpool and for one person Chelsea.
Popeye, for whatever your reasons taking an interest in the Albion you are welcome.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
As someone born and bred in Sussex, and an Albion supporter of over 50 years standing, it blows me away that we have fans all over the World who have no connection with Sussex .

Some may have started taking an interest because of our quite unique back story, or because of a shared nationality with a player, or they may just like our manager, but, they become fans, some to a greater extent than others, but, they are fans.

I for one, welcome them, each and every one.
It’s so much better supporting a club that actually appeals to new fans, than one that is of no interest to anyone outside our local supporter base.

So, from me , Welcome one and all, you couldn’t have picked a better club.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Mad, I was in the minority of 1 or 2 at school in the late 80s, 90s even round here in Sussex and it was even a tough job to convince my own little brother back then with most kids claiming the so called big clubs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

UpTheAlbion

Yes, yes, yes OK, I'll see if I can put you on friends and family for a ticket when you visit. I was thinking of asking you to cut out your heart with a spoon and demonstrate that it is blue and white striped, but on this occasion (etc. etc.).

:wink:. Top work. Glad you like. But just wait till it turns pear shaped. If the sight of a badly organized sleep-over with jello, vodka and flick knives may offend, look away, then.

:lolol:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Truly appreciate the welcome this American has got on here gents lol,

Ahem...and ladies. Don't underestimate the huge contribution the ladies have made to the good health of this club. Myself not included, being a relative newcomer (2011) and only good for plenty of hearty cheering and swearing, and the occasional facetious comment on NSC.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
I do find it incredible that you can have a lot of passion for a club you have never seen in the flesh. But then there are a lot of things that don’t make sense when supporting a football team. How can my mood at the weekend be dictated by how Brighton do? It really shouldn’t be that important but it is and I can’t explain it.
Think you should save your pennies and combine a trip to watch the Albion with sightseeing in London/ England.

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
Moved to Brighton in 84 from Thanet, never really supported a team, just loved football... went to the Goldstone, midweek evening game v Notts County, Fash was playing for County, fell in love with the Albion that night, the rest is history...

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Ahem...and ladies. Don't underestimate the huge contribution the ladies have made to the good health of this club. Myself not included, being a relative newcomer (2011) and only good for plenty of hearty cheering and swearing, and the occasional facetious comment on NSC.

Oh for sure, the ladies also! My girlfriend has never been one for sports all that much, but has started to watch the Albion with me lately. Though I do think its due to Trossard more than anything as she REALLY perks up when he gets the ball lol.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Oh for sure, the ladies also! My girlfriend has never been one for sports all that much, but has started to watch the Albion with me lately. Though I do think its due to Trossard more than anything as she REALLY perks up when he gets the ball lol.

Contrary to BS by a non entity , the women that helped our club in the 97 era was incredible i was only lucky enough in later years ( i had left Brighton ) to meet one Liz Costa , i am not a personal friend nor do i have the pleasure of knowing her well . But what she has done for this club and it`s fans is incredible . Organising a bunch of lads for a PU in a brewery is hard enough , she managed to organize coaches people logistics ,the mind bogles . I emphasise that i do not have the pleasure of knowing Liz Costa , i have just met her on 3 or 4 occasions and she was the most helpful and understanding person you could be lucky enough to meet . I sincerely hope this lovely lady is enjoying her free time now .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here