Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why have we got to be at Belle Vue early?

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
It says on the Seagulls homepage that we have to be there early but i am having problems logging in to find out why. Can someone tell me please.

I also can't see what delaying tactics lewes council are up to from the article above if anyone can be arsed to cut and paste for me.

thx

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Arrive Early At Belle Vue!
Albion fans travelling to Doncaster are advised to arrive at the ground early to avoid congestion.

Saturday's match is the last pay-on-the-gate fixture at Belle Vue before Rovers move into their new 15,000-seater Keepmoat Stadium, and so a large turnout from the home fans is anticipated

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
More Delay Tactics From Lewes
Club Press Release

The club has been advised by the Department of Communities and Local Government (DCLG) that Lewes District Council are trying to delay the planning approval for Falmer yet again.

Lewes have written to the DCLG and asked for the date for responses to be extended to the middle of February because they want to appoint more transport consultants to help them prepare new evidence.

Albion Chief Executive Martin Perry said, "This is typical of their behaviour and another attempt to delay and frustrate the process.

"The Rule 19 letter issued by the DCLG makes it quite clear in paragraph three that the Secretary of State has invited representations in regard to the Order of the High Court and the evidence available at present.

"Four transport consultants gave evidence at the last inquiry and three of them said that Sheepcote Valley was inaccessible. The Inspector agreed and only the Lewes consultant argued the other way.

"Now they want to appoint another consultant to try and bolster their discredited arguments. This has nothing to do with the points of claim they raised in their challenge to John Prescott's decision.

"For once Lewes should tell the truth. They will stop at nothing to try to defeat the stadium. They do not care whether in the process they destroy the club or the livelihoods of those who work or benefit from it through its massive and hugely successful social programmes, many of which Norman Baker saw and applauded.

"This is a disgraceful abuse of the planning process and it is amazing that Lewes seem to think they have got a blank cheque book when it comes to fighting the stadium. This must be a serious cause for concern to the Lewes taxpayers.

"The club has lodged an objection with the DCLG in the strongest possible terms. As a result of our intervention we understand that the DCLG are reconsidering the matter and we expect to hear from them next week"

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Managed to get the Stadium Overview picture aswell.

0,,10433~2982372,00.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here