Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why don't they show highlights on the concourse any more ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
IIRC this stopped during Covid and I don't think it has happened since (in the NS at least). Was always a good way to have a couple of beers and let the queue die down.

If there are no sensible answers, I may have to write to PB and I really don't have time to read the reply in the next week or so :rolleyes:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
West Upper was showing Sky Sports. I nipped for a pint and a pee on 44 mins and was able to see the rest of the half on the telly while in the queue. Therefore at half time the limited first half highlights and analysis was on.

After the game was out in the sunshine with a big group of us but I assumed we showed the Man U game on Sky,.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
They always used to have both.

So some TV's had a later game, some TV's had highlights of the game just gone.

They need at least some volume, but surely that's the perfect set up

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They always used to have both.

So some TV's had a later game, some TV's had highlights of the game just gone.

They need at least some volume, but surely that's the perfect set up

You are quite right they did. I very rarely hang about post game now, bit leg it as fast as my old legs will carry me, back up to the coach park steps, and my lift home courtesy of NWSS.

Certainly though pre-pandemic when occasionally l went into town afterwards, highlights were shown on some of the West Lower tv's.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
You are quite right they did. I very rarely hang about post game now, bit leg it as fast as my old legs will carry me, back up to the coach park steps, and my lift home courtesy of NWSS.

Certainly though pre-pandemic when occasionally l went into town afterwards, highlights were shown on some of the West Lower tv's.

In terms of the finances, surely the club would make money if they had one stand, say the north, always open late always with other matches, other sport or match highlights on. They have an audience already there, they presumably have a tonne of cooked pies, around the ground which they could gather together, they've got the infrastructure, the big screens etc

So say they committed to open till 10pm on a 3pm kick off loads of people would stay, simply because they are there already and can't be bothered to go back to town, or they just want to sing a load of songs or watch other games.

They have got to pay for a few catering staff and a few stewards, but surely the amount they take behind the bar would mean there a decent profit to be had.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
They were on in Dicks bar after the game so surprised it wasn't on around the ground as well.

Annoyingly it cut off before the end to show United v Arsenal

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Finally got round to asking Paul Barber

PB mail.jpg

and got a reply 4 hrs later on a Sunday

PB reply.jpg

So against Forest I'll se if I can get 'our' screen switched over

#BARBERIN :lolol:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Really is incredible how responsive PB is the fans, how many CEO's in the PL do this?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Don’t believe it’s really him, it would be at least 40 times longer if it was. Probably just the work experience person.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They haven’t been showing in the WSU either so we no longer hang around. Hopefully that will change soon.

Well I'm going for the North Stand Manager to get him to change the channels on 'my screen', I would expect nothing less from yourself !

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In terms of the finances, surely the club would make money if they had one stand, say the north, always open late always with other matches, other sport or match highlights on. They have an audience already there, they presumably have a tonne of cooked pies, around the ground which they could gather together, they've got the infrastructure, the big screens etc

So say they committed to open till 10pm on a 3pm kick off loads of people would stay, simply because they are there already and can't be bothered to go back to town, or they just want to sing a load of songs or watch other games.

They have got to pay for a few catering staff and a few stewards, but surely the amount they take behind the bar would mean there a decent profit to be had.

There was no food at all in the West Upper after the game, really annoying as it was the first time in ages I had wanted one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here