Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why doesn't Farage Emigrate to Australia?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If pulling people up because they are crap at typing is the be all and end all of your life,It just shows how sad you are in my book.

I think you are missing the point here: It is more about the irony of criticising others' English language skills and then failing miserably to communicate in the very same language the people are pointing out here. I am sure that if you hadn't complained about the foreigner's lack of ability to speak English then no-one would have pointed out your own.

Jan 30, 2008
i think you are missing the point here: It is more about the irony of criticising others' english language skills and then failing miserably to communicate in the very same language the people are pointing out here. I am sure that if you hadn't complained about the foreigner's lack of ability to speak english then no-one would have pointed out your own.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SPEAKING SURELY ???
regards
DR

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
no social cost or any losers in this model, or they just collateral damage or non existent, or a price we pay? See its this overlooking of this or dismissal of it that creates the desire for a UKIP. We get the politicians we deserve, is no mean phrase.

a lot of peoples fears arent imaginary or being 'stoked up'. of course there are genuine racists (a word so devalued now to be almost meaningless) who love division and and will be drawn to UKIP as a trojan horse, but the biggest recruiters for UK are those who continue to deny we have any sort of issue coping with unprecedented migration.

A lot of people in the UK are quite happy to have a liberal stance on this without being at the sharp end. thats like donating to charity with someone elses money. school places doctors appointments social services and community cohesion are not theirs to give away.

the economic benefits of a fluid labour market may be all well and good, but there IS a cost. its who people expect to pay it thats wrong. until thats addressed properly then you are still going to have a lot of disgruntled people in this country.

Going by the figures quoted earlier on this thread (I assume they are accurate?) If migration was reset then then there would be 100,000 fewer people in the UK. Hardly going to make much difference to school places, doctors appointments or social services. It could be argued that it wouldn't help community choosiness much either having a load of people back who would rather be somewhere else.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Going buy the figures quoted earlier on this thread (I assume they are accurate?) If migration was reset then then there would be 100,000 fewer people in the UK. Hardly going to make much difference to school places, doctors appointments or social services. It could be argued that it wouldn't help community choosiness much either having a load of people back who would rather be OTE]

who is going to reset migration? oh yeah spain will deport mr and mrs golf and bridge from benalmadena as punishment and everyone will come home from europe all tanned but grumpy like some mad dunkirk evacuation for people too square embarrassing middle of the road and british to learn spanish and insisted on eating chips :)

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
I suspect the fact that you've blamed immigrants for house price inflation probably explains why nobody's bothered to respond....

I said they are partially responsible and would respectfully suggest that it is just a matter of simple maths......but you wouldn't want to admit it even if it was proved to be true!
After all those 2.3m immigrants aren't ALL living 8 to a room or in tents!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Going buy the figures quoted earlier on this thread (I assume they are accurate?) If migration was reset then then there would be 100,000 fewer people in the UK. Hardly going to make much difference to school places, doctors appointments or social services. It could be argued that it wouldn't help community choosiness much either having a load of people back who would rather be OTE]

who is going to reset migration? oh yeah spain will deport mr and mrs golf and bridge from benalmadena as punishment and everyone will come home from europe all tanned but grumpy like some mad dunkirk evacuation for people too square embarrassing middle of the road and british to learn spanish and insisted on eating chips :)

So the idea is to limit immigration but make no changes to emigration? This is a bit like having your cake and eating it IMHO. I would assume that other countries would react in a similar way if Britain decided to tighten its borders and re-neg on long standing migration agreement. The whole point being missed in this debate is that the world is a smaller place these days and country boundaries are not as important as they once were. People are migrating across the planet at a huge rate which is demonstrated by the figures quoted earlier.

The point I am making is that you and others are compaining about the UK being over crowded and resources being stretched because of migration. When in fact the figures show that the net effect of migration is only 100,000 people (an insignificant numbers in the population of the UK)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Farage's 'truth' is found out here. Brilliant interviewing from the host, tearing Farage's paper-thin 'everyman' cover to show his little man confused racism to everyone. And people want to vote for this idiot? Beyond belief.

[yt]-pyYoL9ngtE[/yt]

That is embarrassing!

You have to hand it to him though, being consistently and constantly caught out and shown to be a liar and a fool didn't seem to dent his confidence. Just start talking about something else and ignore it.

Interesting to watch him talking to someone who doesn't buy into the misinformation and scaremongering, suddenly he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

......and people are really going to vote for this idiot?

Surely there is another way to express your concern about immigration without involving Farage?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

Surely there is another way to express your concern about immigration without involving Farage?

OK! Which party will listen to the concerns on immigration...Lib Dems....no chance of a referendum.
Labour,promised a referendum before they got elected then reneged.
Tories promised a referendum on Lisbon treaty then reneged..promise one in 2017...but reneged once so don't trust them.
Surely there is another to way to express your concerns about immigration you say...please tell us in your wisdom what that way is...

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
So the idea is to limit immigration but make no changes to emigration? This is a bit like having your cake and eating it IMHO. I would assume that other countries would react in a similar way if Britain decided to tighten its borders and re-neg on long standing migration agreement. The whole point being missed in this debate is that the world is a smaller place these days and country boundaries are not as important as they once were. People are migrating across the planet at a huge rate which is demonstrated by the figures quoted earlier.

The point I am making is that you and others are compaining about the UK being over crowded and resources being stretched because of migration. When in fact the figures show that the net effect of migration is only 100,000 people (an insignificant numbers in the population of the UK)

thats certainly not what i am saying. I am saying the burden is unfairly distributed, that is glaringly obvious from the cavalier attitude of some on here who seem unable to accept that some people genuinely lose out, or simply say its tough luck. i also believe the head in the sand attitude and/or climate created to stifle any debate on migration is wrong, negligent and very damaging to the country.

i dont believe 'Britain is full' or we can exist without migration.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I said they are partially responsible and would respectfully suggest that it is just a matter of simple maths......but you wouldn't want to admit it even if it was proved to be true!
After all those 2.3m immigrants aren't ALL living 8 to a room or in tents!!

But that's the point, it's not true is it - You can't argue that those nasty eastern Europeans are coming in and taking all the low paid jobs AND that they're preventing honest hard working ethnic British people from getting on the property ladder, can you?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
OK! Which party will listen to the concerns on immigration...Lib Dems....no chance of a referendum.
Labour,promised a referendum before they got elected then reneged.
Tories promised a referendum on Lisbon treaty then reneged..promise one in 2017...but reneged once so don't trust them.
Surely there is another to way to express your concerns about immigration you say...please tell us in your wisdom what that way is...

No you've got my there, your only option is to put you faith in this idiot (the worrying thing is that it seems that he is not the biggest idiot in UKIP) and hope that it works out for you.

Unless you started your own pressure group or political party of course.

I can't help thinking that if the concern is as widespread throughout the political spectrum as suggested on this thread then there would be an alternative to UKIP that doesn't have the embarrassing elements or share their idiotic policies.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
That is embarrassing!

You have to hand it to him though, being consistently and constantly caught out and shown to be a liar and a fool didn't seem to dent his confidence. Just start talking about something else and ignore it.

Interesting to watch him talking to someone who doesn't buy into the misinformation and scaremongering, suddenly he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mduTEvnU0

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-ahead-of-eu-and-local-elections-9405782.html

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
thats certainly not what i am saying. I am saying the burden is unfairly distributed, that is glaringly obvious from the cavalier attitude of some on here who seem unable to accept that some people genuinely lose out, or simply say its tough luck. i also believe the head in the sand attitude and/or climate created to stifle any debate on migration is wrong, negligent and very damaging to the country.

i dont believe 'Britain is full' or we can exist without migration.

So you don't have a problem with immigration as such, just the way the the immigrants are distributed?

Surely this is more about how the population and services are distributed and managed than immigration.

I guess this is a fair concern, are UKIP likely to do anything about this? I am guessing that Nigel doesn't live in the effected areas.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

It is wonderful that votes are being taken away from the main parties and people are expressing their disgust and protesting. It is just a shame that it is Nigel Farage and UKIP that people are turning to..

Stewart Lee compared it to Shitting in your hotel bed to protest against poor service and then realising you have to sleep in it :)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Your last paragraph is the biggest load of tosh I've read on this thread! Instead of putting someone's spelling to rights why don't you debate the serious points that I've made on previous pages about housing issues I note that none of the 'antis' have bothered to respond to those!!

Don't really know where to begin with this comment.

Should I start by pointing out the basic mathematics at work or should I explain how the rather significant movement of people would impact housing requirements regardless of immigration?

You are right to point out that housing is an issue which concerns people, but linking it to immigration is a convenient UKIP spin. All part of their fear and hatred agenda.

And lastly, I will criticize other posters spelling when they are complaining about those bloody foreigners grasp of English and yet barely have a grasp of it themselves. That seems fair does it not?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
It is wonderful that votes are being taken away from the main parties and people are expressing their disgust and protesting. It is just a shame that it is Nigel Farage and UKIP that people are turning to..

Stewart Lee compared it to Shitting in your hotel bed to protest against poor service and then realising you have to sleep in it :)

I see.

But then, dirty protests have long been used as a justifiable means of drawing the attention of the "establishment" to political causes, and successfully too.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/northern_ireland/understanding/events/dirty_protest.stm

In using this metaphor, just like the mainstream media and political classes (the very people Stewart Lee would normally oppose) he completely misunderstands the nature of the protest, and the underlying motives for it.

No doubt many would rather not have to sleep in their own shit, however they will because that is what they are being pushed too........of course it might even turn out to be successful.........

http://www.irishnews.com/news/sinn-fein-set-for-huge-gains-in-euro-election-1355317

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
We could be trading 2.3m people that want to be here and work here and pay taxes here, for 1.8m people that don't want to be here right now.

If we pulled out of the EU tomorrow and repatriated EU citizens then we should probably expect ours back too. The people moving back here would not move to the same towns, schools, hospitals and jobs. Services would not be freed up they'd be in chaos. Of course you could argue that most of our ex pats would qualify to stay whee they are in which case you could only reasonably expect the same of the people currently living here.

Strange, anti-UKIP people complain UKIP use the politics of fear yet you both post this absurd bit.

Care to point me to any evidence that by leaving the EU we would either choose to, or be forced to, repatriate all EU citizens ? We don't belong to the American or Australian trading blocs but I still notice plenty of their citizens living and working here ( and rightly so before you start accusing me of being a racist ).

It is complete fantasy that if we left the EU we would kick out all the EU immigrants.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I see.

But then, dirty protests have long been used as a justifiable means of drawing the attention of the "establishment" to political causes, and successfully too.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/northern_ireland/understanding/events/dirty_protest.stm

In using this metaphor, just like the mainstream media and political classes (the very people Stewart Lee would normally oppose) he completely misunderstands the nature of the protest, and the underlying motives for it.

No doubt many would rather not have to sleep in their own shit, however they will because that is what they are being pushed too........of course it might even turn out to be successful.........

http://www.irishnews.com/news/sinn-fein-set-for-huge-gains-in-euro-election-1355317

I suspect everyone understands the nature of the protest and its underlying motives. Some people just recognise that Farage and UKIP are a poor way of staging a protest. But if you think that they provide you with the answer you seek then good luck to you.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As I pointed out to Redhill Seagull 66 I expect UKIP to have the highest number of votes by a very small amount out of a tiny turnout. They can hardly get us out of Brussels from Brussels. They'll hardly turn up. Let's see who the public want to run the actual country in a years time eh?

I'll be voting UKIP but that doesn't mean I want UKIP to form the next government. I want the main parties to get a bloodied nose and be "persuaded" into an in-out referendum.

UKIPs rise in popularity has forced Clegg into a face to face debate and the Tories to offer a referendum ( albeit with catches ). Hopefully it's also giving Labour food for thought about what happens when you offer a referendum and blatantly lie about it ( and the Lib Dems aren't immune to that accusation either ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here