Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why doesn't Farage Emigrate to Australia?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It is complete fantasy that if we left the EU we would kick out all the EU immigrants.

Really? Enlighten me as to how it would work then? Once we leave the EU we leave the free travel / immigration zone. We would therefore have to make arrangements as to what to do with current EU Citizens living here as well as future ones coming in. Expensive plans that aren't costed by UKIP who are planning on cutting taxes and therefore government income.

Can you explain how a Frenchman living here gets back in if he has been home for a holiday but a Bulgarian would need a visa. Would they be treated the same or differently? If differently isn't that a bit - well - racist? French good, Bulgarians bad. How would you stop other countries sending their uk citizens living there back when you have no control and no say in their policy anymore? Furthermore what's to stop them demanding you get a visa to go for your 2 weeks on the Costa or to visit your family who have retired to France like mine have.

Perhaps you could explain exactly how it will work? And if there's no real change in reality, bluntly, WHAT'S THE POINT?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Really? Enlighten me as to how it would work then? Once we leave the EU we leave the free travel / immigration zone. We would therefore have to make arrangements as to what to do with current EU Citizens living here as well as future ones coming in. Expensive plans that aren't costed by UKIP who are planning on cutting taxes and therefore government income.

Can you explain how a Frenchman living here gets back in if he has been home for a holiday but a Bulgarian would need a visa. Would they be treated the same or differently? If differently isn't that a bit - well - racist? French good, Bulgarians bad. How would you stop other countries sending their uk citizens living there back when you have no control and no say in their policy anymore? Furthermore what's to stop them demanding you get a visa to go for your 2 weeks on the Costa or to visit your family who have retired to France like mine have.

Perhaps you could explain exactly how it will work? And if there's no real change in reality, bluntly, WHAT'S THE POINT?

I'd suggest it would work exactly as it does for non-EU nationals - visa based vetting. We do it for a majority of the worlds visitors that come here already.

Gradually introduce it and it shouldn't cause anyone too much bother. It's very easy to apply for visas for many countries online so quite why you have such an aversion to the process is a mystery.

As for the "French good, Bulgarians bad" - where has anyone even suggested people would be treated differently based on their nationality or race ??? Another fantasy.

And for the record my parents have retired to France as well and I regularly travel there to see them. Oh no, I'd have to apply for a visa - such a hardship !

So, I've answered your question - how about you provide the evidence of forced repatriation I asked for to back up your ridiculous scaremongering post ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd suggest it would work exactly as it does for non-EU nationals - visa based vetting. We do it for a majority of the worlds visitors that come here already.

Gradually introduce it and it shouldn't cause anyone too much bother. It's very easy to apply for visas for many countries online so quite why you have such an aversion to the process is a mystery.

As for the "French good, Bulgarians bad" - where has anyone even suggested people would be treated differently based on their nationality or race ??? Another fantasy.

And for the record my parents have retired to France as well and I regularly travel there to see them. Oh no, I'd have to apply for a visa - such a hardship !

So, I've answered your question - how about you provide the evidence of forced repatriation I asked for to back up your ridiculous scaremongering post ?

You've answered my question with a suggestion based upon your own opinion - i.e. conjecture. Can you point me to the UKIP policy that states precisely how they'd handle it and, more importantly, pay for it.

And if you read my post properly you'd see I said we'd have no control over repatriation because we'd have lost our voice in Europe. Obviously 1.8 million Brits aren't going to just arrive any more than 29 million Romanians and Bulgarians are now but we'd have literally no means of planning services for those that do have to return.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The point Westdene makes is a good one. Nobody has pointed out how this will work, least of all UKIP.

Alex Salmond is a similar type of politician. He wants independence. Why and how this would benefit Scotland isn't important - he just wants people to believe Scots would be better off without those dastardly English people.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps Farage can emigrate to the nazi base in the artic / on the moon ??? :lolol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I see.

But then, dirty protests have long been used as a justifiable means of drawing the attention of the "establishment" to political causes, and successfully too.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/northern_ireland/understanding/events/dirty_protest.stm

In using this metaphor, just like the mainstream media and political classes (the very people Stewart Lee would normally oppose) he completely misunderstands the nature of the protest, and the underlying motives for it.

No doubt many would rather not have to sleep in their own shit, however they will because that is what they are being pushed too........of course it might even turn out to be successful.........

http://www.irishnews.com/news/sinn-fein-set-for-huge-gains-in-euro-election-1355317

You're a bit dim aren't you.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Don't really know where to begin with this comment.

Should I start by pointing out the basic mathematics at work or should I explain how the rather significant movement of people would impact housing requirements regardless of immigration?

You are right to point out that housing is an issue which concerns people, but linking it to immigration is a convenient UKIP spin. All part of their fear and hatred agenda.

And lastly, I will criticize other posters spelling when they are complaining about those bloody foreigners grasp of English and yet barely have a grasp of it themselves. That seems fair does it not?

To be fair, on this point at least, we are in total agreement! :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
thats certainly not what i am saying. I am saying the burden is unfairly distributed, that is glaringly obvious from the cavalier attitude of some on here who seem unable to accept that some people genuinely lose out, or simply say its tough luck. i also believe the head in the sand attitude and/or climate created to stifle any debate on migration is wrong, negligent and very damaging to the country.

i dont believe 'Britain is full' or we can exist without migration.
This, in spades.

We ALL benefit in the long term from immigration, so rather than focus on keeping Johnny Foreigner out, we should be looking to distribute the short term burden of immigration. At the moment, that burden is certainly not met by those in leafy fairly wealthy suburbs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This, in spades.

We ALL benefit in the long term from immigration, so rather than focus on keeping Johnny Foreigner out, we should be looking to distribute the short term burden of immigration. At the moment, that burden is certainly not met by those in leafy fairly wealthy suburbs.

What do you mean by 'burden' and why single out leafy suburbs?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The point Westdene makes is a good one. Nobody has pointed out how this will work, least of all UKIP.

Alex Salmond is a similar type of politician. He wants independence. Why and how this would benefit Scotland isn't important - he just wants people to believe Scots would be better off without those dastardly English people.

he wants a basically monoethnic state and is motivated by sheer nationalism. and we have let them vote on it! wanting to leave a multi ethnic union for that, on paper, should have the groovy gang up in arms. instead they are pandered too.

substitute scotland for a balkan state, or a much larger one, and that would all appear very sinister. funny how the English tend save their bile for their own people asking for far less.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What do you mean by 'burden' and why single out leafy suburbs?
Because - perhaps understandably - when immigrants arrive, they will initially settle where they know there is a community they can relate to, in the bigger cities. This creates a pressure on public services in those hotspots, and there is always a time lag before they can fully cope, hence the term "short term burden". There are plenty of people in the leafy suburbs that chose to move there to get away from these issues - and were able to afford to do so.

So when indigenous people complain about their local school being populated by kids with English as a second language, or a lack of housing and so on, it is rather unfair of people outside these hot-spots to cry "racist" or accuse them of bigotry.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
But that's the point, it's not true is it - You can't argue that those nasty eastern Europeans are coming in and taking all the low paid jobs AND that they're preventing honest hard working ethnic British people from getting on the property ladder, can you?

I didn't mention 'nasty' anyone!

If a migrant arrives in the UK, gets themselves a job and then buys or rents a property that is, albeit simplistically one job or one house that is not available to 'native' British workers is it not? Or am I missing something?
So when 260,000 nett migrants arrive in the UK every year as they have done for the last decade or more then you would have to be daft to think that none of these new arrivals have not taken jobs or housing that could be done by British people and, in the meantime, helped to keep down labour pay rates in certain industries or areas whilst helping to keep prices artificially high in the property market - whether renting or buying!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here