Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do you hate Palace?

Aug 30, 2011
Brighton
Hi guys

I am foreigner and I am supporting Brighton since last year.
So far I asked to 3 local blokes why this big rivality against Palace and they have not been able to give me an answer, they've just said that it is something that comes from the 80's.
I checked also wikipedia and this forum but I didn't find anything about.

Can anyone explain me when and why it happened?

Cheers!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It started in the mid 70's and came to a head in the 76/77 season during a particularly bitter clash in a cup replay & carried on evolving in intensity as we rose through the divisions together.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What is there to like? Just a rubbish London club playing at a dump of a ground, traditionally they've had crap players turning out for them regularly. There's just something about Palace that I don't like, I think that just comes of living in this city for 24 years. There is a lot of history though, it's not just randomly started.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Hi guys

I am foreigner and I am supporting Brighton since last year.
So far I asked to 3 local blokes why this big rivality against Palace and they have not been able to give me an answer, they've just said that it is something that comes from the 80's.
I checked also wikipedia and this forum but I didn't find anything about.

Can anyone explain me when and why it happened?

Cheers!

Because they have webbed hands and feet and sleep with their sisters and we as Brighton fans don't like that.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
hmm interesting first post B&W supporter!!!!

Nothing personal they just smell a bit.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Gerry Ryan, the 76 FA Cup games, Croydon, Surrey, team of the 70s, team of the 80s, Sh*thurst Park, Henry Hughton, their thunderbirds kit, pipping us to the title in 78/9, the fact they're scum....it's exhaustive I assure you.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I don't have all night so i will keep it short-they are deluded.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's a historical thing.

Anyone who followed the Albion in the mid/late 70's, when Palace under dodgy Tel were the darlings of the press, and especially anyone who attended 'that' cup match will have had the dislike towards Palace ingrained in them.

They are the team that I want to see lose more than any other, except for Manchester United.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They behave a different way, Londoners do. They live in a concrete jungle and they might be a nice person (like you have been to Pompey on a night out and you will know), They loot and that is their way. It was Chelsea in the middle sixties. It caused loots of aggro. It was Spurs in the late seventies. Then they move down here and behave in the same way. Just give us some space. f*** you, getta outa my hair/face/breathing space. I can't stand them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here