WHY do we suck so much?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
When you look at other teams struggling they generally have excuses but I am running out of excuses for us now. We DO have money, there's no uncertainty over the club's future, we've strengthened the squad when possible and we've given three managers a chance to whip the boys into shape since Wilkins' departure but the players just don't seem to respond.

I can't figure it out. Who or what is there left to blame? And how are we ever going to turn things around?

I just find it so irritating that after so many years of struggle over finances, the stadium, having our best players poached etc. we are actually in a position now where behind the scenes everything is positive. And yet we just aren't going anywhere.

It seems easier to accept when we were at Priestfield we were absolute shit (until Horton came along) because there were so many factors working against us. But now we have an enviable position that lots of other clubs would be delighted with (stable finances and a shiny new stadium on its way) it really grates that we are turning in dross performances week after week.

I genuinely don't know what we are meant to do to make things right

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
But I really want to see what Falmer is like

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
I been trying to give up supporting the Albion now for 2 seasons, This crap run with what looks like on paper to be a very good team in this league is heart breaking but i just cant walk away. I hope we pick up some wins soon!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
I will never give up hope but I am going to seriously start lowering my expectations if we don't pick up soon.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
But if you were there today you would have seen a very good performance - we were unlucky. one mistake cost us the game but I thought the style of play was very encouraging.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
The style of play can be as encouraging as you like, but not winning games leads only to one place..........relegation. Lets not kid ourselves, unless we learn to win at home, something that we haven't been able to do over 3 years, we are going down.

Why? Looking at the squad..........is it really that good? I cant say that we have taken on players that were playing for top teams in our league. The ones we have got are in the main unproven.

So, I would say that its investment in the squad. Bloom may have forked out a load in the summer, but the return is poor. When it comes to investment in getting out of league 1, then compare us with Saints. On the day they got Puncheon we took on Holdroyd. One proven, the other very much unproven.

I'm afraid its gonna be like last season, down to the wire and maybe we wont be so lucky.

And yes, I'm trying to wean myself off Brighton, cos its not been fun for some time.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
They sign Holroyd as he has a prospective FUTURE ahead of him. I say f*** the future, we need some serious bodies now to get us out of the shit we are currently in. Its embarrassing at times. We are once again looking down the sights to League 2, and we have just signed an un-proven non league striker. Where is the f***ing sense. If we do not start winning home games, regardless of how "encouraging" we play, then we will go down. Enough of the "oh it was a fluke", "oh but we played well", "well, it was Millwall" BOLLOCKS, cut the bullshit and start smelling the coffee. February and we are 1 place above relegation.

DE JA VU?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Is a good style of play good enough to keep us in this league?

If you look at results there has been gradual improvement - there are games when you play well and lose, but if we play like we did today for the rest of the season we eill win more than we lose. Far too many people on this site overreact to a loss.

We let in a silly goal, we hit the post and had a header saved on the line - teams lose football matches sometimes. If we do not win for 3 /4 games then worry but this is the first defeat in 5 league games.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Trust in Gus. Just heard his interview - he knows. The positive side of us losing is he learns stuff. Been thinking more about why the phone-in sucks so much. If anything is going to make you slash yer wrists it's BBC Sussex. No wit or depth of thought, shit journalism, woman with a reading age of three reading texts at a tone and pitch scientifically designed to make the human brain scream for the off button. No understanding of what the club is about at all. Shame cos if they had Hawesy, Ferret and Comedy Steve they'd be worth listening to.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
But if you were there today you would have seen a very good performance - we were unlucky. one mistake cost us the game but I thought the style of play was very encouraging.

Well that is good to hear and I'm not going to read too much into this latest setback but we are definitely due a little run of form and it will be a big ask to get that with the games we have coming up

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
home form

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford

How we played is irrelevant, what matters is results. I'd much rather we played ugly football and ground out a 1-0 win every week than put in "good performances" and be two points off the relegation zone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports