Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do we lack the killer instinct?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I am not sure we sit back at all. When home teams are behind they tend to push on and look to score. We are having good stats for shots and shots on target.

We are taking the lead and have done in all games to date. Enjoy it whilst you can, it will not last. This is football !!!!

Fantastic start to the season and 99% of fans will be happy (maybe 79% on NSC.) This is a tough division and only one team scored twice in the championship tonight. Bobby to come and Murphy to bed in are positives to look forward too and Uwe has made a solid start. Think there will be one more major signing possibly two if Dunk goes. We have character through out the team and the signs are that we will have a much better season than last year. There will be ups and downs but enjoy the buzz of a good start.

I don't mean to be negative. It's a great start, and the signs are there that we could have a great season. When we are playing against decent opposition and we're away from home, I am always happy with a draw, but I don't think we should have settled for a draw tonight, that's all.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Without decent strikers we will struggle again this season one goal a game in open play is not good enough, relying on COG as a sub to change the game is a joke he was shit last season why do the club think he will be any better this time around. When will Tony wake up and smell the coffee

We have Zamora and Harper both to come in......😡

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
The time will come when we will be able to sore again to take a 2 goal lead, patience Rome wasnt built in a day.

Rome was not built in a day? How long have we been at Falmer and we still have not replaced the prolific goal scorer that got us promoted. If Tony thinks promotion can be achieved without decent strikers then he should stick to throwing his money at the game of Poker

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Lua Lua definitely was going for it when he was brought down in the 93rd minute at Fulham, he was also not so shy in stoppage time at Southend ! I'd say we were hardly sitting back playing for the draw !!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Rome was not built in a day? How long have we been at Falmer and we still have not replaced the prolific goal scorer that got us promoted. If Tony thinks promotion can be achieved without decent strikers then he should stick to throwing his money at the game of Poker

You really are superb. What do you think Tony should do? What would you do that he has so far been unable to? Tell us, we're all ears.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not that I really think think he is available, but signing Vydra on a season loan would probably address this.

An important 2 weeks for the albion before the window slams shut.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I'm very happy at where we are currently, but when you play against teams like Huddersfield, and they are there for the taking, we need to be more aggressive and try and win the game. Maybe you were happy sitting at the bottom of the table fighting for our lives, but I would rather we were pushing for promotion like the previous two seasons! Finishing off teams when you're ahead is the difference between success and failure. Why would you want to fail? Why would you be happy with a draw?

I don't mean to be negative. It's a great start, and the signs are there that we could have a great season. When we are playing against decent opposition and we're away from home, I am always happy with a draw, but I don't think we should have settled for a draw tonight, that's all.

So I am asked if I am happy with a draw and asked why would you want to fail, yet you state that you are always happy with a draw? What a strange individual you are!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Or don't sell/give away the ones who DO score on a regular basis.

Would you have turned down TEN MILLION POUNDS for Ulloa?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree, it was so much better than last season, when we always seemed to concede straight after scoring. But I would still like us to hold on to a lead better. If Hughton is happy with winning each game with a single goal, he needs to shaw up the midfield as soon as we score. Personally I'd like us to go out and try and score a second and put the game out of sight.

I would be happy winning every game by a single goal - but if you score early on, you can't realistically expect to defend for the next 70, 80 or 90 minutes. I don't know what's so difficult about carrying on the same way as got you a one goal lead in the first place, but then again, I don't have Chris Hughton's job!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Genius idea. Do you think he's thought of that?

Obviously not we have signed a pensioner and a trainee , neither of which the club deem good enough to play 1st team football. Nice to see you continue to resort to childish bullying posts to get your point across, grow up you left school along time ago

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here