Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do we hate Palace so much...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't hate Palace, I just think the matches are a bit spicy. It should be good fun, but for some it's a boring obsession. As for those who were boasting of the relative positions a few games ago, I hope you are suitably embarrassed.

Boasting about something as transcient as League Position is always an odd one. I am, however, strongly in the "despise Palace" camp. The reason? Their fans. As soon as any Palace fan finds out I am a Brighton fan the abuse it both boring an predictable as well as immature and quite graphic.

Added to that, there were an odd amount of Palace fans at my school and Brighton were awful between 1994 and 1999 (although the tail end of that was brilliant) and I vividly remember Palace fans taunting me throughout the Hereford game (we were on a school trip).

So I have different reasons for my dislike as I was born after the Mullery/Venables feud and I forget about it often. Its very easy to be reminded though when Palace are such a nasty and bitter little club.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Boasting about something as transcient as League Position is always an odd one. I am, however, strongly in the "despise Palace" camp. The reason? Their fans. As soon as any Palace fan finds out I am a Brighton fan the abuse it both boring an predictable as well as immature and quite graphic.

Added to that, there were an odd amount of Palace fans at my school and Brighton were awful between 1994 and 1999 (although the tail end of that was brilliant) and I vividly remember Palace fans taunting me throughout the Hereford game (we were on a school trip).

So I have different reasons for my dislike as I was born after the Mullery/Venables feud and I forget about it often. Its very easy to be reminded though when Palace are such a nasty and bitter little club.
where did you go to school ?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I enjoy the banter but I don't hate Palace - some of their fans on here are no worse than some of ours on BBS. Actually hating football clubs is not something I do much of as I prefer to hate on an individual level :) I do hate Leeds though. And Celtic and Rangers. The bitter nerdrage I used to feel for Notts County has pretty much vanished now though.

am the one

May 29, 2011
Worthing West Sussex
i work with people that are season tickets holders for the team that play in scumland. as i found on sunday morning got a tex on facebook saying we are above you in the league , we won you only got a point. so tex back it,s a long season which a tex above that said F__ k off brighton. l fill there is still that little bit of hate . as long we get 6 points this season i will be happy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Going by this id say your a youngish weed fan , so , apart from the result , what happened on that fateful night as to cause you to spout such anger and bile

See any thread from the time, when the search engine is back online. Worst behaviour and aggression from any visiting supporters, at the station.

Contempt would be more accurate than anger.

Definitely bile, though, towards the tossers who come on here running down the club I love, making up negatives, and giving no credit for fine work that has been done giving this club a very bright future.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Grown up with the rivalry, use to hate you when I was a youngster, but now I'm fast approaching middle age, I just want to get one over you, if that makes any sense.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
The first 10 people I meet each day, I tell them to hate Palace
I then tell them to tell the next 10 people they meet
Word then gets round extremely quickly

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
really ? how was that ? genuine question ?

The amount of cash that disappeared from the club through him is legendary at SP. Made a very tidy personal amount of cash through wages, player 'transfers'-in and out.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The amount of cash that disappeared from the club through him is legendary at SP. Made a very tidy personal amount of cash through wages, player 'transfers'-in and out.

When he left to join QPR, he was joined by a large contingent of Palace players, funny that !

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

When he left to join QPR, he was joined by a large contingent of Palace players, funny that !

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
1st game of season 1974 Albion 1 Palace 0 , lots of extra trouble with holidaying London football hooligans coming to the game and boosting the aggro.Then grew and grew with many incidents over the next few years. End of story. Prior to that Palace were just another team to us. Now it is in the blood and will forever be.

Sums it up perfectly. I was at that game in '74 and I've hated the South London scum ever since, and I will hate them to my dying day.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
The first 10 people I meet each day, I tell them to hate Palace.
I then tell them to tell the next 10 people they meet.
Word then gets round extremely quickly.

Of all the things typed on here tonight, i would say that this is a lie. Just a guess, but i'm going to call you a liar. A bore too. Before you bore off into a tirade of shit again telling me to fcuk off to my site blah blah, i've got 3 windows open, The Holmesdale, here and Twitter. (I put your full stops in).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here