Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do we always bottle the big games?

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
We bottled it tonight. Simple as that. This squad doesn't have the mental strength to be champions. Bloom is also at fault for a poor January transfer window and it could come back to haunt us.

Because of Huddersfield form, I am totally shitting myself.

And nor do our fans half of who left when it was 1-1. Perhaps fans like that don't deserve a team with mental strength!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Bottle it my arse!!

They only got back into it through the 'freak pinball' goal and clearly their dander was up then for the remaining 10 minutes but to say we bottled it is ridiculous. It was a game of fine margins and if Dunk's header goes in early in the 2nd half rather than cleared off the line we win the game.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
With a superior goal difference which effectively makes it 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ This. That extra point from the GD could prove to be crucial.

Would be quite ironic after last season!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
ain't this the truth. And a request from me to the rest of the North Stand. If we can ditch the we're already promoted songs that the footballing gods are taking a dim view towards, that would be good. From a self respect perspective if nothing else. Even heavy drinking isn't an excuse. We ain't on our way just yet. We're if anything likely to **** up if you look at the history books. Just saying. Like.

Yes, just tempting fate. Playing the 'we're on our way' before the game wasn't the brightest move either.

It sounds better when we sing it (after matches).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
ain't this the truth. And a request from me to the rest of the North Stand. If we can ditch the we're already promoted songs that the footballing gods are taking a dim view towards, that would be good. From a self respect perspective if nothing else. Even heavy drinking isn't an excuse. We ain't on our way just yet. We're if anything likely to **** up if you look at the history books. Just saying. Like.

Yeah, can everyone stop enjoying the ride please?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
AAARGH. Absolutely hate this "bottling" theory that seems to have taken root on the less intelligent outposts of Twitter and now on NSC.

We played well against the top team in the division and narrowly lost. We're still second. The players are up for the fight.

If you want to talk about "bottling it" I could point to various players from the past 30 years who went missing in games and didn't have the grit and determination that I see in the current squad.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Reading was a big game, tonight was season changing and we made the perfect start... But we didn't see it through for even a draw, that's bottling it unfortunately.

Every game is season changing.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We played against a very good team who have probably the best midfielder in the league and it showed so not sure whether we bottled it or just found our level. We started to struggle in second half because neither forward could get into a dangerous position and take us to two goals, there was a number of factors for this SB became a lot less positive and GM was knackered and get more so. Murphy switched off after having a great first half.

I think CH did not make the right changes early enough.

need to get people's head's in gear for Forest and Rotheram now.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Well we should play like we do who ever it is, positive and progressive football, not retreating into a shell.

we were 2-0 up at the crucial last part of the game against Reading.. Had it just been 1-0, we may have "retreated" as you call it. Newcastle were far better in possession than Reading.. at least 2 of the goals came from Reading giving the ball away and unable to cope with the break. Newcastle were far better prepared (hence Murphy in particular not having the space to run into,) probably by having watched the Reading game.. The worst team talk in the world for me is the "just do what you did then" etc etc... assumes that the opposition wont change anything - Reading again a nice example.. they didn't/couldn't change so we didn't have to. It was a different proposition last night.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Well we should play like we do who ever it is, positive and progressive football, not retreating into a shell.

Yeah you're right: the calibre of the opposition & the way they play is irrelevant...I take it all back. Not even going to bother mentioning that players are not robots etc.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yeah you're right: the calibre of the opposition & the way they play is irrelevant...I take it all back. Not even going to bother mentioning that players are not robots etc.

Yes, tactically you choose all outcomes on the football pitch. What we got wrong is choosing to play a good side with pace, fitness and ability. This is where Hughton falls down. If he is going to get his tactics right, he needs to play sides where we can keep the ball with aplomb, attack without reasonable fear of counter attack, and score goals past defences of less ability. Unless Hughton can up his game in picking opposition that aren't as good as us, I'm afraid we are going to come up against teams that give us a run for our money...

Gi2raffe1

May 17, 2016
Sadly i thin the manager got it wrong!!!his changes were negative instead of positive!!!dont know why we brought Akpom on loan if he refuses to play him????we went defensive instead of attacking them therefoore keeping them out of our half and not giving them chances to win

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here