Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Why did you let it bounce?"

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
As brilliant as it is I do feel sorry for that photographer. Poor chap caught in that mayhem.

Hope he, and his gear, is ok.

Very stupid positioning from the club to stick a load of photographers in front of the away fans behind 'advertising hoardings' - which actually were rectangle boxes standing upright that can (and do) fall over easily. Ontop of said photographers.

With the heavy investment into the ground facilities and the wonderful new corrugated iron tunnel, its shocking that they have gone for a cheap option like that and not some new state of the art uprights that don't fall over if lent on.

I'm sure it will be thoroughly investigated so it doesn't happen again.

Bit like the tunnel incident, next time we go there, there will be a barrier to stop their fans from being able to get at our players.

Cloud cookoo land is lovely here. :moo:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think they're saying 'can you see what they're doing? Send them off!'

I assume it's a child saying it. The poor kids just learnt about the impotent fury of having your footballing dreams come crashing down around you. That feeling and those players celebrating right in front of him will stay with him for life and so the rivalry moves to a new generation. Excellent!

If it's some kind of banshee/adult woman saying it...hahahaha!!!!!

I'd assumed it was a banshee woman (I'd even pictured her, Croydon Facelift, orange skin, bad teeth, worse tats, tracksuit) but you could be right, it might be kid. He'll have Maupay themed nightmares the poor little blighter.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
#pray4thephotographer.

Poor bloke. Comedy tumble off his stool in slow motion. Hope he and his equipment is okay. Bit unfortunate that the barriers aren't fit more purpose. Nice for advertising, shit for any other purpose.

The whole stadium isnt fit for purpose, unless the purpose is housing the biggest bellends in SE london.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Quick question re that video....

Duffy is by then up front with Maupay - and when Neal scores Duffy can be seen running off towards the Brighton fans celebrating (and cupping ears) whilst Maupay makes friends with the Palace fans.

But WTF happens to big Shane - he seems to disappear!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Very stupid positioning from the club to stick a load of photographers in front of the away fans behind 'advertising hoardings' - which actually were rectangle boxes standing upright that can (and do) fall over easily. Ontop of said photographers.

With the heavy investment into the ground facilities and the wonderful new corrugated iron tunnel, its shocking that they have gone for a cheap option like that and not some new state of the art uprights that don't fall over if lent on.

I'm sure it will be thoroughly investigated so it doesn't happen again.

Bit like the tunnel incident, next time we go there, there will be a barrier to stop their fans from being able to get at our players.

Cloud cookoo land is lovely here. :moo:

Looks a regular occurrence. When I did a search for ‘limbs’ looking for videos this morning, same hoardings collapsed when the West Ham fans were going mental there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've noticed that Dunk, Duffy and Connolly all cupped their ears as well.

Purely all down to that bellend zaha and his celebration - for a pen too :ffsparr: Have some of that karma you cheating scummer.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
1’46 Dunk 😂😂😂

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Palace should be concerned that Brighton's 3 best opportunities last night came from simple long balls over the top, route 1 football.

Fingers crossed they do not fix this.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Duffy is by then up front with Maupay - and when Neal scores Duffy can be seen running off towards the Brighton fans celebrating (and cupping ears) whilst Maupay makes friends with the Palace fans.

I was listening to the football ramble podcast earlier, and one of the hosts was in the press box for the game. He seemed to think Duffy basically did a lap of honour around Selhurst Park winding up Palace fans :lolol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

He does seem to disappear, I’ve just been watching the Sky Sports coverage again and at one point of the celebrations in front of the fans straight after the goal 10 of our players are there. The one missing is Duffy, big Bob Sanchez has gone full Maty Ryan and ran the length of the pitch to join in. I didn’t notice he’d done that last night as I was far too busy celebrating at home to really be paying attention to the TV at that moment.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I think they're saying 'can you see what they're doing? Send them off!'

I assume it's a child saying it. The poor kids just learnt about the impotent fury of having your footballing dreams come crashing down around you. That feeling and those players celebrating right in front of him will stay with him for life and so the rivalry moves to a new generation. Excellent!

If it's some kind of banshee/adult woman saying it...hahahaha!!!!!

I know that since the crying German girl fallout you aren’t really supposed to laugh at kids crying at football.

But seeming I was at that game as an eight year old and then we had our coach bricked on the way out and I scurried home with about £5 in change when McShane scored I have to admit it did raise a smile to hear one of them suffering the same kind of anguish :D

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This shit has made a hard days graft much easier! [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I know it's on the video thread, but given the pained cry of "Why did you let it bounce?", I think it's worth some special attention of its own.

Maybe not quite up there with "FFS Murray", but close!

[tweet]1442814014459940872[/tweet]

Will there be a Directors Cut Special Edition? I’d be up for that..

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I was listening to the football ramble podcast earlier, and one of the hosts was in the press box for the game. He seemed to think Duffy basically did a lap of honour around Selhurst Park winding up Palace fans :lolol:

He does seem to disappear, I’ve just been watching the Sky Sports coverage again and at one point of the celebrations in front of the fans straight after the goal 10 of our players are there. The one missing is Duffy, big Bob Sanchez has gone full Maty Ryan and ran the length of the pitch to join in. I didn’t notice he’d done that last night as I was far too busy celebrating at home to really be paying attention to the TV at that moment.

This video was posted on another thread. Our goal is scored around the 8:00 mark. I reckon Duffy goes running behind Maupay, jumps up in the air a couple of times in front of the Albion fans, continues past the incoming Sanchez and then resumes the ear-cupping as he heads (out of shot) past the Palace fans further down the side of the pitch - all without stopping!!!

Absolute legend!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So much to like about the video. One of my favourites is the fact that as Veltman plays his perfect ball the Holmesdale mongs are all in the middle of a rendition of the ‘we love you, whoa whoa’ bollocks, this way it stops instantly as they realise Maupay is through on goal is beautiful.

Another thing is the bloke charging to the front to wave his Palace flag at the players celebrating deliriously as if that’s going to intimidate them.

And that definitely is a screaming banshee towards the end saying ‘we can’t play in this’ coz of a bit of smoke in the air.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here