Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why did we wear our away kit at Bristol City?

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Not that I'm bothered too much but I was wondering why we were wearing our away kit at City? Surely our home kit would have been fine, though I do like the idea of an away kit being worn away from home regardless of the home teams colours.

Any opinions?

Just a thought anyway....
:bigwave:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think we'll probably end up wearing the away kit for every away game. It certainly won't clash with anyone else's kit that I can think of. It's also a bit more of an incentive to buy the shirt knowing it'll get loads of outings.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Really liked the away kit when it came out, but starting to go off it now for some reason ???

Looking forward to getting the red and black back one day...

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I think we'll probably end up wearing the away kit for every away game. It certainly won't clash with anyone else's kit that I can think of. It's also a bit more of an incentive to buy the shirt knowing it'll get loads of outings.

Err, I think you will find that it will clash with EVERYONE'S kit

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley

Very much like Hull's strip and might need to change at Watford and Millwall

Last edited:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Because it is an away kit, rather than a second kit i.e we wear it when we play away rather than only if our 1st kit clashes with the team we are playing.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know it's the way of the game these days, and I know money is a factor, but I loathe the use of away kits unless there is a genuine clash of colours, which could lead to confusion. When I first started going to the Goldstone, for ages I wondered why almost every other bloody team in the third division played in yellow!
Can you imagine how much the Walsall experience, where we sealed the title, would have been devalued if we'd been wearing some poxy kit that wasn't the blue and white stripes?

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
I know it's the way of the game these days, and I know money is a factor, but I loathe the use of away kits unless there is a genuine clash of colours, which could lead to confusion. When I first started going to the Goldstone, for ages I wondered why almost every other bloody team in the third division played in yellow!
Can you imagine how much the Walsall experience, where we sealed the title, would have been devalued if we'd been wearing some poxy kit that wasn't the blue and white stripes?

THIS!!!!!

I also found it odd at Bristol on saturday when Bristol sang red army, then we drowned them out with blue army. Only shouldn't it have been green army????

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I couldn't see one, but I thought I'd be repeating somebody else's question, but still, I won't argue, thought I'd ask anyway...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here