Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are you not going to the Cheltenham game?

Why are you not going to the Cheltenham game?

• Too expensive

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • Fed up with Albion at the moment

Votes: 49 20.4%
  • I think they will lose

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • It's only Cheltenham

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • It's only the League Cup

Votes: 32 13.3%
  • I'm on holiday

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • I'm doing something else

Votes: 22 9.2%
  • I'm at work

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 48 20.0%

• Total voters

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I'm in Sheffield for another 2 days staying with the in laws and just suffered 3 hours of grief from about 15 Wednesday fans at a family BBQ.

Am I excused?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can't be bothered to rush back from work, my football mojo is pretty limited at the moment.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Would prefer multiple choice, as the three that cover it for me are it's only the league cup, it's only cheltenham and it's too expensive. £12 for a round one league cup tie against league 2 opposition is too steep for me, when factoring in the general mood created by our transfer activity so far. If there were some exciting new signings to check out, maybe I'd pay that. If it was a league one team, or fellow championship team I might pay that, if it was a later round and we had shown we weren't treating the competition like a nuisance I might pay that. But cheltenham, in a competition no one takes seriously until the final, when we have no special talents to check out, paying only £2 less than a friendly match v premier league opposition? Nah.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
I am. Negotiated an early finish. 160 mile round trip. Midnight home.

I'm an idiot.

Pretty much the same here except mine is only 140 miles and maybe arrive home about 15 minutes earlier. I'll also be bringing my daughter to the game, think she's only been to 1 'non friendly' game before.

I'm missing the next 2 home games due to holiday (bad fan) so am taking this opportunity to get another game in.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Why are we playing Cheltenham? Have I slept through the last two disasterous seasons?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Other - I'm allowed to go to the 23 league games, and don't have a pass to go to the cup games too.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Because I need to finish work early to get to evening games, and save early finishes for league games, or later cup rounds.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
It's a cup game and I can't get motivated for those. Yes I did Wrexham, yes I did Newcastle (first time) and yes I did arsenal but bollocks to all the hassle with the travel.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Other:

It's only the League Cup
I'm busy at work and can't really justify the time to myself
I'm going through that "it's not you, it's me" period with The Albion
I'm lazy & a bad fan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here