Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are we so poor in the first halves of games recently?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Since Bongs been out we have.

:lolol: most of NSC had him down as the weak link when he was playing. I like both our left full backs both are quality. Poc is not the reason we are leaking goals

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He's doing a wonderful job at Villa, isn't he? It must be him that makes such a difference, after all they conceded three last night.

Come on BG, you can do better than that.

Our defence has been RUBBISH for the last few games, hard to equate it with the one if teas before
It started at Preston. Until that game we looked fine, and post Calderwood we played 8 games up to that point and only conceded 6, so no correlation.

It's more likely to do with having had such an unsettled defence since Preston, due to injuries and suspensions. Last night was the first time since Fulham that the back four had been unchanged after the previous game. Let's hope they settle into a good run of clean sheets again.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Our defence has been RUBBISH for the last few games, compared to what it was before. The Burton goal was absolute quality. The others conceded recently have been piss poor defending.

I think 90% of goals conceded by every team you can look at them and say, ''something went wrong defensively'' The key to being a good defensively is not to make the mistakes too often.

I also agree that we start slow in a lot of games and I would love to see us go after teams early on but I sort of know the CH way is to not concede and then exploit weaknesses once we identify them during the course of a game.

It's been hard to maintain our top form but if we can get back to getting early leads that's the key because very few teams come back against us when we do get into a lead. And it's all right saying these things but teams are just not as easy to beat as fans would perhaps like them to be at this stage in the season.

We are not playing as badly as some would suggest. We are just not playing as well as we can do.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It started at Preston. Until that game we looked fine, and post Calderwood we played 8 games up to that point and only conceded 6, so no correlation.

It's more likely to do with having had such an unsettled defence since Preston, due to injuries and suspensions. Last night was the first time since Fulham that the back four had been unchanged after the previous game. Let's hope they settle into a good run of clean sheets again.

Agreed

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
We still have one of the best defences in the league, but Nsc posters are still looking for the negatives, because they can't cope with not winning.

We have won 4 points in the last two games. We didn't lose. Onwards and upwards.

Of course, but only taken 5 points from 12 in the last four games and three of them from a team fourth from bottom. Our trajectory is downwards whilst Huddersfield is definately upwards, our performances and results are not
good enough at the moment and need to change quickly. We will all have a good idea by the end of February.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course, but only taken 5 points from 12 in the last four games and three of them from a team fourth from bottom. Our trajectory is downwards whilst Huddersfield is definately upwards, our performances and results are not
good enough at the moment and need to change quickly. We will all have a good idea by the end of February.

In the last week we have won one and drawn one. That's two points per game. Tomorrow is another day.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am coming around to the view that it will be between us and Newcastle who go up auto...the momentum is really with Town at the moment and they look like we did a couple of months ago. I can see
them taking the top spot.

I also think wagner did a very clever bit of business in the window bringing in a couple of prem strikers who have added to their firepower.

I am not sure the laddie from arsenal gives us anything different.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I am coming around to the view that it will be between us and Newcastle who go up auto...the momentum is really with Town at the moment and they look like we did a couple of months ago. I can see
them taking the top spot.

I also think wagner did a very clever bit of business in the window bringing in a couple of prem strikers who have added to their firepower.

I am not sure the laddie from arsenal gives us anything different.

Still plenty of football to be played yet, with other twists and turns to come I'm sure.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It's really simple. Most teams come to the AMEX with an extra man in midfield, giving them the opportunity to press and hound us out of possession high up the pitch or when the ball enters that central area. It makes it incredibly difficult for us to dominate games in this area of the pitch straight from the off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here