Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are we all (mostly) so negative?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm not overly optimistic about Sunday but I genuinely feared before last night that we might go up there three down. Seems to me that the newspapers' love-in with the good McClaren redemption story has skewed the coverage. They're decent but not exactly Real Madrid. With a full team to choose from, don't think they'd be any better than us. Can certainly still do it as long as our nerve holds.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I expect us to lose the next leg either 2-0 or 3-0. We blew our chance yesterday....yet again.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
After feeling a little 'robbed' last night by Lady Luck, am certainly more pragmatic today.

We win on Sunday, have a great day etc etc then have a day out at Wembley

We bow out on Sunday, reflect upon a difficult year with injuries and a few other issues and look forward to next season with no iffy loanee forwards and a settled squad all raring to go.
Aways to look forward to 'up in the smoke' include Millwall, Charlton, Brentford with Watford and Reading just a tad further, additionally with the possibility of QPR and/or Orient.
What's not to like?
Let's have a great Sunday up t'North, and see what happens

:ascarf:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Up until we scored it was the best I'd seen us all season. Then preservation kicked in, I think. Good and positive thing is we will need to go looking to win on Sunday, whilst Derby might find themselves trying to hang on.....well that's my mildly optimistic view anyway.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not down myself. And don't mind Derby whatsoever.

Just realism (before last night's game, but reinforced by the last 70 minutes of it) after watching recent home games, that we are a long way off a genuinely PL challenging squad. I'm fine with staying in the Championship for the present. But would love the Club to be bold this Summer and dispense with the likes of Greer, Andrews, and possibly Ulloa if the fee is right, and bring in younger proven quality players with pace.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's football, which means ANYTHING can happen in 90mins

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not down myself. And don't mind Derby whatsoever.

Just realism (before last night's game, but reinforced by the last 70 minutes of it) after watching recent home games, that we are a long way off a genuinely PL challenging squad. I'm fine with staying in the Championship for the present. But would love the Club to be bold this Summer and dispense with the likes of Greer, Andrews, and possibly Ulloa if the fee is right, and bring in younger proven quality players with pace.

All sounds great but younger proven quality players with pace cost a lot of money (if their team will let them go). We are forced to take gambles on young/older players rather than go for players in their prime generally.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I know I tend to look on the bright side, but I'm not that disappointed about last night. I thought we played some of our best football of the season, despite lacking Stephens/Crofts who would have added hugely to the key area of centre-midfield. Derby are an excellent side, managed by someone who really knows his stuff, and it was no shame at all to lose - indeed, as we all know, if we'd had a little luck we could easily have won. Whether we're in the Prem (v unlikely) or the Championship, next season will be fascinating. This season was all about steadying the boat, whilst clearly doing our best to reach the top 6. That has been achieved, despite a horrendous injury list. This, in turn, has allowed the likes of Ince, March, Dunk and JF-C to progress. I'm sure next season both Ince and March will be cracking players, and I fully expect Dunk to be given the chance to show that he is one of the classiest centre-backs around at this level.

Much to look forward to!

Some people are like that. Moasn all the time. Some people get carried away with the atmosphere.

I think we lost the game rather than Derby win it. One rash challenge.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
All sounds great but younger proven quality players with pace cost a lot of money (if their team will let them go). We are forced to take gambles on young/older players rather than go for players in their prime generally.

I hope we get Lingard on a season loan. Can't see him making utd's squad and think he'd do very well for us over a longer period.

Yoda

English & European
The defining incident must be Upson's quite reckless challenge, it changed the whole dynamic of the game, but still Brighton dominated the latter part of the game, a mix of Derby sitting back and Brighton pushing for the equaliser, whatever the reason Brighton were NOT 'turned over'.

I think you could add Buckley picking up his knock a few minutes before that too. He was the one trying to chase back but could go full pace before they got into the box. Our heads seemed to drop for the rest of the half which let them back in it.

After the break, Derby were reduced to trying to hit on the counter again, with us more or less in control again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here