Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Whose instrument

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Allegedly the greatest tone of all time and passed through a few hands. Not sure on the connection with Steve Harris (PGFM/Metallica/Gary Moore sharing the bill with Iron Maiden?!?)
A friend of mine has that exact same model with the reversed pick ups and his sounds beautiful.

Shamefully, I don't know who Steve Harris is :blush:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Allegedly the greatest tone of all time and passed through a few hands. Not sure on the connection with Steve Harris (PGFM/Metallica/Gary Moore sharing the bill with Iron Maiden?!?)
The bass guitar is Steve Harris' and the drum kit is Nicko McBrain's from both from Iron Maiden.

The Greeny les Paul was sold by Peter Green to Gary Moore. With cash troubles Moore sold it to a private collector. Thankfully Kirk Hammett from Metallica bought it for $2 million. He regularly plays it live which is great as a guitar that legendary needs to be played rather than locked away :)

The ESP ' The Mummy ' super strat is Kirk's favourite modern guitar

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
KD.PNG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope this is mainstream Harry, would you say more MOR or Pop ? :wink:
Hope again, my friend, hope again.

All I will say is I saw them live three times in the 70s, the first time supporting Bebob Deluxe at the Dome. I was near the front and there were two rows of 15 year old girls there, ready to drool over Bill Nelson. This lot came on stage to the guitarist reading from Naked Lunch in a darkened auditorium, then with a flash of light they appeared, bursting into 'Waiting'. There were audible screams of surprise and fear in the front of the auditorium. I, of course, was transfixed. :love: :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hope again, my friend, hope again.

All I will say is I saw them live three times in the 70s, the first time supporting Bebob Deluxe at the Dome. I was near the front and there were two rows of 15 year old girls there, ready to drool over Bill Nelson. This lot came on stage to the guitarist reading from Naked Lunch in a darkened auditorium, then with a flash of light they appeared, bursting into 'Waiting'. There were audible screams of surprise and fear in the front of the auditorium. I, of course, was transfixed. :love: :lolol:
I did see Bebop Deluxe a couple of times, so may have been there, but if they were the support whilst you were transfixed, there was a fair chance I was in the bar. Sorry, I've always been shallow, BUT I am consistent :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Clem Burke?
I'm disappointed that you didn't recognise the mid/late 60's/early 70s 'Stop sign' badge on that Gretsch kit and champagne sparkle ? Wouldn't it be funny if Harry gets it :wink:

And the obscure clue. When Tyrannosaurus Rex first played the Dome their support act, who went on to become a MASSIVE star had already changed their name to avoid being confused with another member of this band.

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Two out of 3.

Clue - Pop
View attachment 156131

@Harry Wilson's tackle is going to kick himself, because I know they're one of his favourites ???
Struggling with this. Much better no my guitars.

Going off at a tangent. Whilst having a drink around the back of the North Stand at the Villa game before Xmas I spotted a familiar looking guy carrying a bag with Seymour Duncan written on it. There was a clue as well known pick up brand. As I thought it was a guy called Sean Brady who just happens to be the guitar tech for Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden. Top bloke and after a little chat he pulls out and gives me one of Adrian's signature guitar picks from their most recent tour :)

20230123_183025~3.jpg
20230123_183015~2.jpg

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Two out of 3.

Clue - Pop
View attachment 156131

@Harry Wilson's tackle is going to kick himself, because I know they're one of his favourites ???
Struggling with this. Much better no my guitars.

Going off at a tangent. Whilst having a drink around the back of the North Stand at the Villa game before Xmas I spotted a familiar looking guy carrying a bag with Seymour Duncan written on it. There was a clue as well known pick up brand. As I thought it was a guy called Sean Brady who just happens to be the guitar tech for Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden. Top bloke and after a little chat he pulls out and gives me one of Adrian's signature guitar picks from their most recent tour :)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
3 is Jimmy Paige
1 is Bootsy Collins and I'm just off for dinner, so can't leave this hanging, Number 2 - Micky Dolenz

Micky Dolenz, Bootsy Collins and Jimmy Page ? Now there was a supergroup opportunity missed :wink:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Doctors of Madness. Fact. That's all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I did see Bebop Deluxe a couple of times, so may have been there, but if they were the support whilst you were transfixed, there was a fair chance I was in the bar. Sorry, I've always been shallow, BUT I am consistent :lolol:
You missed the legend that was Kid Strange.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
How about these 3 complete with the player. And bonus points if you can pronounce the first name of one of them correctly :)

image~2.png
js30th-what-happens-next-2018-sustainiac~2.jpg
Steve-Vai.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here