Whose Future Is Brighter?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whose Future Is Brighter In Your Opinion and why?

• Gus Poyet

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • Brighton & Hove Albion

Votes: 90 89.1%

• Total voters

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm sure Poyet will be relatively very successful (comparing a football manager to the average Joe), but he has just demonstrated how his own blind ambition and pig-headed arrogance can **** up a fantastic opportunity, so I'm not sure he will end up fulfilling his potential. Only time will tell and I hope for his sake that he learns from this - I hold no grudge even though I feel disappointed at how it has ended. Thank you Gus - you have left a sour taste right at the end, but were bloody brilliant for the vast majority of your time with us.

For BHA on the other hand, this is a minor blip. We have an owner who has shown he will not be held to ransom by an individual - he has backed the club financially beyond the call of duty, while also showing that he will not jeopardise the club's future by reckless spending that can't be sustained in the long term. It may not happen immediately, but with the steady & safe approach it doesn't need to - our club will have further and sustained success.

Onwards and upwards!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I said six months ago, that in two years time(now 18 months) Brighton and Hove Albion would be playing in a higher league than Poyet is managing in. Stand by that statement 100%. He might (if he is lucky) get the next mid table prem job that comes up. But he won't last 18 mths, not a chance.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Both of us will make the Premier League, we will both win trophies - The sad thing is that it won't be together.

If the question is who will reach the highest level, or remain at the the highest level for the longest - probably Gus.

I am convinced that we will become an established top division team in the future - but it's hard to imagine that we will ever break the top 6 - Whereas Gus probably will.

Top 6....is he going to record a song or something???....Poyet top 6 manager,pmsl........That's made me chuckle.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton. Gus' stock is falling, the club's is on an upward trend.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Gus will probably end up in the premiership sooner than us however he will always struggle to win much as he wants to play 1 type of football and developing a squad of players like most of the premiership sides into decent passing footballing sides will probably take longer than he is given.

We will get there looking like a decent side but we will struggle to attract experienced players, however we will slowly develop and become a premiership regular beating some decent sides in a few cup competitions and maybe even sneaking a trophy over the next 10 years or so

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gus Poyet will almost certainly be sacked from his next management job also, for the same sort of reasons the Albion want shot of him. WAY too flakey to be taken seriously by any serious team. Poyet and Di Canio are not destined to be anymore than a mild source of head-mental headlines at the highest level.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
in the short term, both are not good. in the long term, Brighton will be great and successful, Gus will struggle here, but may do well abroad

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I liked Gus and I'm sorry to see him go but the answer to the question is us.

State of the art ground, 26000 season ticket holders, a decent squad, a multi million pound training ground being constructed and revenues increasing by the day. There is only one place this club is going and that is up, may take a season, may take 5 but we will get there and be a significant club long after Gus and me are dead and forgotten....

Southampton had the same but it didn't stop them falling out of the Premier League down to League 1 and having to fight their way back up again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports