Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's with 3 mobile in Brighton, Hove, Sussex?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
They're doing a good deal at the moment via Quidco for a £7.50 per month broadband dongle... need to sign up for 18 months though.

Has anybody here already got one? Any good? And, failing that, what are your experiences with 3 network 3G phones round this way?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No probs here with 3G phone.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
They're doing a good deal at the moment via Quidco for a £7.50 per month broadband dongle... need to sign up for 18 months though.

Has anybody here already got one? Any good? And, failing that, what are your experiences with 3 network 3G phones round this way?

You need to find out which of the big 4 provides 3's 3G network as I don't think they have their own. I know that Orange provide their 2G but not sure about their 3G.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Cheers. Have scouted around on the 'net, and the general consensus seems to be that the 3 dongle is about as reliable as George O' Callaghan, and as quick as Darren Currie.

Therefore I will not be investing.... but thanks anyway for the info.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Cheers. Have scouted around on the 'net, and the general consensus seems to be that the 3 dongle is about as reliable as George O' Callaghan, and as quick as Darren Currie.

Probably a wise choice.

I have a '3' dongle and it's no faster that 56k was ten years ago. :(

Thank god for my home broadband connection :bowdown:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well i have just got an upgrade on my 3 mobile from 500 mins 75 texts a month for £20. Too 1,100 mins or text mix/match new Sony Ericcson phone 18 month deal £20 per month. Only available to new customers so i treaten to leave. :bigwave:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Probably a wise choice.

I have a '3' dongle and it's no faster that 56k was ten years ago.

Thank god for my home broadband connection

The dongles use the 3G data network of the mobile provider so bandwidth will depend on both 3G coverage and the number of other people using the local 3G network for data including mobile handsets. I think the theoretical bandwidth for 3G is 2MBps but in practice you will be lucky to get 500K.

I use a 3G data card and regularly get 360K which is much better than you are getting but still nowhere near home broadband. More than good enough for what I want it for but not really good enough for users who may be expecting to be able to do all the things that they can do on their home broadband using the dongle.

Well i have just got an upgrade on my 3 mobile from 500 mins 75 texts a month for £20. Too 1,100 mins or text mix/match new Sony Ericcson phone 18 month deal £20 per month. Only available to new customers so i treaten to leave.

As far as 3 as a mobile provider goes they piggy back on other's 2G and 3G networks so the service you get will be as good as the provider they are using. As for customer service..... Well that's another matter :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here