Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's thumbing who?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have any of you actually used a computer before?

Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 18.19.42.png

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

View attachment 65960
Yes. But certainly on both Firefox and IE (on Windows) it's a difficult job to get the list to show as mentioned previously by others - as soon as the list appears it starts to flicker as if constantly refreshing and it is difficult to scroll down on the list as it tends to make it disappear. Obviously I cannot speak for whatever setup you are using.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes. But certainly on both Firefox and IE (on Windows) it's a difficult job to get the list to show as mentioned previously by others - as soon as the list appears it starts to flicker as if constantly refreshing and it is difficult to scroll down on the list as it tends to make it disappear. Obviously I cannot speak for whatever setup you are using.

Bozza is bound to have some kind of Apple Big Knob Upgrade thing which is not for us mere mortals, as you can imagine I have no idea who has thumbed what either.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bozza is bound to have some kind of Apple Big Knob Upgrade thing which is not for us mere mortals, as you can imagine I have no idea who has thumbed what either.

i-Thumbs ???

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012

I used one once to type a message to a bunch of people I didn't know. It went much as you would expect such a thing to go.

But back on topic, I see this:

Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 19.55.38.png

i.e. with the window truncated. Chrome on OSX whatever-the-latest-is-probably-i-dont-really-pay-attention-to-it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think I always knew when i was thumbed as a teenager, but these days i just don't seem to know. Maybe it's age thing ?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

View attachment 65960

I'm using IE on Windows 8.1, and mine comes out nothing like that. I get flickering rubbish, impossible to see who's thumbed what when I float the pointer over it. And the notifications take about four days to load, if they even work at all (often ends in an error message of some sort).

Fortunately I'm not bovvered - save for the CRUSHING disappointment on seeing that I have a notification, only to discover that is is a thumb and not a quote. A little bit of me dies inside every time I see that. I'm working on a coping mechanism though.

I'll be ok xx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here