Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's the oldest footballer on NSC?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
My knee is f***ed and at 39 I'm thinking it might be the end of my career.

What ages have the rest of you lot played on to?

Any Stanley Matthews out there?

rockypaul

May 23, 2011
I am 51 and still play competitive games and also five a side veterans league for over 30's

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Played 5-a-side last time, two years ago at the ripe old age of 44. Been a decade since 11-a-side.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Gave up Sunday's this season at the age of 40, but only becasue my boy has joined a team, and I'm supporting him with that.

About to sign for a vets team (Saturday afternoons). Will only be able to play now and again, when teh Albion are away up North. It will be funny being one of the youngest again!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Played my last football season at the age of 43.

However, it was for a french village team and they allowed you to be substituted at any time.....and after a few minutes break, you could go back on again.Perfect..lol.

The French don't go in for agressive tackling, so my manager used to pull me off every so often to cool down, before the referee got too stroppy. One good thing about local leagues in France, you have to have full medical clearance from your doctor when you,re over 30.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
My dad turns out for my sunday side now and again at the age of 48. Think he had the best goals to minute ratio of any of our team last year!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I stopped football at about 28,... but I continued playing rugby until last year,.. I was 48.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Jack Straw is still playing (after a fashion) and he's about 65 ...

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Jack Straw is still playing (after a fashion) and he's about 65 ...

That includes VAT.
Include your good self here NAN.
I know you're a year older than me.
Perhaps you are the winner?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
49 , played 4 weeks ago up at crystal palace and the lead feeling in my legs has just started to wain

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I play in goal regular for our seniors club at 51, we took on the 20 to 30's team 2 weeks ago and won 3-1 and I saved a penalty! Get in.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I had a run out earlier in the year, for the first time in ages, and managed to herniate myself :facepalm: I might just give it miss from now on. I'm 49

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Have never really played football but did play hockey until a couple of years ago, certainly some way past my 40th birthday. I had always intended to try and keep playing until I made it to 50, at which point I would take up umpiring. Have to admit that I don't fancy the idea of turning out to play in the depths of winter, plus it would iterfere with watching footy, but intend to try and find a summer league to get involved in next year...my body seems to be in good shape but not sure that I could manage the pace of life on the wing anymore and might have to retreat to defence!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Played in the REMF Team at the age of 49, and also for NSC a few times but now just do Cross Country and Half Marathons as I moved down west 3 Years ago and gave the footie up, although I do miss playing and its a long way for home games these days but worth it !!

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
It's easier to keep playing as an oldie in Canada than it is in England. Out here there are leagues for different age groups - Over 35, over 45, and an over 55 tourney is just starting. There are quite a few blokes in their 60s still playing. Play goes all year, indoor in the rather long winters and outdoor in summer. I'm 58 and generally get a couple of games a week. Beer is a very important factor in these older age leagues which are competitive but very social. The oldest player I ever played against was 72 and still solid. He was ex SAS, ex professional footballer with Pompey, and ex doubles tennis player at Wimbledon.

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
44 and playing in an 11-a-side vets league (that's veterens, not animal doctor's!) last season.....I need to add that we only played roughly once a month, that's just about enough recovery time between matches....but, I LOVE IT!!!!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here