Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who’s the least deserving EPL “winner”?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Trossard’s move got me thinking about how many games a player needs to qualify for a medal. It’s 5 apparently, and these can be as a sub.

In theory just 5 minutes could get you a gong. And if these minutes were at the start of the season the player could be shipped out in January and not even be at the club when they are crowned.

My question can be interpreted a few ways, but in the context above, who is the least deserving EPL winner?

PS only outfield players please; apparently there’s a special dispensation for second goalkeepers so they can get a gong without even playing.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Nice question. Didn't realise you didn't have to be playing for a team anymore to still win a medal either! As an aside, one of the nicer stories about Wayne Rooney is that when he discovered backroom staff at Man United didn't get medals for either the Premier League or Champions League, can't remember which, he quietly paid for a load to be made to give to them on the principle the team is bigger than just the people on the pitch. Klopp followed suit when Liverpool won the league and did the same.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice question. Didn't realise you didn't have to be playing for a team anymore to still win a medal either! As an aside, one of the nicer stories about Wayne Rooney is that when he discovered backroom staff at Man United didn't get medals for either the Premier League or Champions League, can't remember which, he quietly paid for a load to be made to give to them on the principle the team is bigger than just the people on the pitch. Klopp followed suit when Liverpool won the league and did the same.
Nice touch. Similar to the Albion giving all staff a bonus when we were promoted.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That time Man City had the EPL medals presentation at the Amex, I seem to recall applauding their assistant catering manager

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I think Jack Rodwell got one with City for 1 start and 4 sub appearances or something like that.

But the worst is Loftus Cheek who made 6 sub appearances totalling 30 minutes of football and got a medal :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here