Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who’s not watching the World Cup?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Joke tournament, pointless waste of time. Not watched a match as yet but will probably tune in at some point to watch Ecuador when they play someone decent, Belgium and Argentina also if our players start. England can crash and burn without me witnessing it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Joke tournament, pointless waste of time. Not watched a match as yet but will probably tune in at some point to watch Ecuador when they play someone decent, Belgium and Argentina also if our players start. England can crash and burn without me witnessing it.
They 100% will as soon as they play someone decent in the knockout stages and face a penalty shootout.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
No I don’t think he is. But there’s obviously a reason why it doesn’t happen in his own profession, so curious as to why he thinks he can lecture others for the same thing

I am sure it does happen in his own profession - as it does in the women's game. Maybe people are not making any big announcement and just getting on with life. Which would be high risk in Qatar. Not so much here.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well, that was cracking entertainment. England slick, cohesive, creative and ruthless.

To the others... Hope you enjoyed Bargain Hunt / Come Dine With Me xx
Bargain Hunt and Come Dine With Me don't cause me to take time off work like during other World Cups Lol - so it is just the standard grindstone today.

Would rather England win than lose but want to get to the time beyond this tournament and forget it ASAP.

Last edited:
Reactions: abc

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well, that was cracking entertainment. England slick, cohesive, creative and ruthless.

Thankfully I had more entertaining things to do. Like walking the dog and actually working.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Why are you even saying this?

Most of us who are boycotting this WC are doing so reluctantly. We'd love to be watching the WC too. Why behave like a jerk?

Practically every post I have seen, the posters have said that they aren't going to judge anyone who does as they understand the dilemma.

We live in a world with enough division on it. Why come on and try to stir it all up? People have merely pointed out why they are having to take a stance this time.

Enjoy the tournament. Just understand the reasons why some of us are having to miss it.

SAC

May 21, 2014

Most of us who are boycotting this WC are doing so reluctantly. We'd love to be watching the WC too. Why behave like a jerk?

Practically every post I have seen, the posters have said that they aren't going to judge anyone who does as they understand the dilemma.

We live in a world with enough division on it. Why come on and try to stir it all up? People have merely pointed out why they are having to take a stance this time.

Enjoy the tournament. Just understand the reasons why some of us are having to miss it.
People boycotting the WC, that's fine, it's your right. However there are plenty of people not boycotting the WC (supporting whoever has a Brighton player in their squad) and actively wanting England to lose. I think it is the latter category that the OP was aiming at.

We all should boycott this World Cup, just as we should have the last one. And Newcastle United matches. And going on holiday to Dubai. etc. Personally I don't like it being out there but I'll be watching, just like I did the Russia WC.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
People boycotting the WC, that's fine, it's your right. However there are plenty of people not boycotting the WC (supporting whoever has a Brighton player in their squad) and actively wanting England to lose. I think it is the latter category that the OP was aiming at.

We all should boycott this World Cup, just as we should have the last one. And Newcastle United matches. And going on holiday to Dubai. etc. Personally I don't like it being out there but I'll be watching, just like I did the Russia WC.
I think you're crediting that post with more thought than it actually had put into it.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Every 4 years since i was a nipper i have excitedly filled in the scores on my wallchart, added up total goals scored by group and individual teams, plotted who would meet who or avoid who in the next round etc. But not this time.
I came to the decision myself that i personally would not watch what i consider to be a sham of a tournament. It was not done lightly or with any air of "look at me" i bear no ill will to people who made a different decision, nor will i seek to persuade them or justify my own position.
I would only ask please that those of another persuasion, no matter how foolish or simple or idiotic they think i am, refrain from coming on this thread with posts seeking to belittle my views or attempt to make light of them with what they mistakenly believe to be hilarious jokes.
Believe me, if i did not know it before, i am now fully aware of the effect of my decision on myself but have read or heard nothing that makes me think it was wrong or worth reconsidering.
I am also well aware that there will be some who read this and think "what a w***er" but remember we all share the love of BHA.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

To be honest, I've got very bored with the endless, ENDLESS slagging off of England and Southgate. The tournament is one thing, which anyone with a braincell would acknowledge it shouldn't be there. But some seem to take particular delight in the failure of the national team, and are just waiting for England to proper f*** up, so the PROPER slagging can commence.

You know who you are. And at least for today, you've been disarmed.

But of course, you'll be back

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
The whole competition has been corrupted by massive amounts of cash
Totally agree with you it has been, I fully respect those who boycott it, however I love football so will be watching as much as I can. Me boycotting it won't stop it going ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here