Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who’s not watching the World Cup?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’ll watch, because it’s a World Cup so I want to watch it for the sporting spectacle. I hate that it’s there, I hate what it stands for, but when it comes to the actual games they could be played anywhere. Everything surrounding the actual on pitch action can get in the bin, however.

I cannot say in good conscience I will boycott it when I will happily watch Grand Prix in Bahrain or Saudi Arabia. I watched an Olympics and a Winter Olympics in China. I watched the last World Cup in Russia. All are just as repugnant as countries.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So am I and I imagine many of the 'I'm not watching brigade' will be watching if England progress to the quarters then the semis'
.... and also an insatiable curiousity about how well Ecuador, Argentina, Japan and Belgium - possibly Spain too - actually get on!

And just for the record, I'm not watching........

......... not yet anyway.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Each to their own, I'll be watching it. Probably on a device made in China whos human rights records arent exactly glowing. If I thought it'd make a blind bit of difference to anyone anywhere boycotting it I'd think about it a bit harder, then probably watch it anyway. I didn't expect to watch the Russian one as much as I did

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Quatar earned the right to stage by questionable means. They have an abhorrent record on human rights, Gay relationships are illegal. I will not be watching any matches in this year’s competition 🌈⚽⚽🌈
If you all want to do something that could actually count, boycott all of the brands that are sponsoring the competition. If you all did that, the sponsors would lose money, and they'd make sure this didn't happen again.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Going to event which clashes with England v USA, and won't be cancelling it. Not a boycott, just not very excited by the World Cup.

Might be by the QFs I guess.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

E486D9A8-E9B7-4EAA-B538-D9B7554D975F.jpeg

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I’ll watch the Qatarfinals otherwise won’t both much

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
yes of course Im watching why wouldnt i, unless England and Wales get knocked out in which case I may miss the lot until the final, the tournament hasnt even started yet im interested in the football not the politics and religion etc. that appears to be coming with it.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
England? Nah. Assuming Dunky and Welbz won't be going or playing if they do and Solly won't get a late call up, I wouldn't bother about England unless they get to the semi's. But I'll be watching matches with our players, just like I have since the days of Sully, Grealish, Lawro when they were regulars.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I will be making some effort to watch Equador, Japan, Argentina and Belgium games, less bothered about England unless there is a current Albion player in there. I will also be noting the sponsors and contacting them on social media to let them know that to me they are now associated with slave labour, and persecution of homosexuals.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I'll watch but never been less excited about a World Cup. First memories from 1978, favourites probably 1990 and 1998.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
So am I and I imagine many of the 'I'm not watching brigade' will be watching if England progress to the quarters then the semis'
I am not watching it AND actually to tell the truth England's progression would make me less likely to be tempted to have a peek!
Also if someone could kindly provide a list of sponsors it would be helpful so i would know what to boycott

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here