• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Neither's team has kicked a competitive ball yet under their new boss but lots of speculation about the risk Potter has taken or how suitable a replacement people think De Zerbi is. So, simple question - who's more likely to get the tin tack first?

Poll to follow......

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Well Chelsea have played under their new boss.

I’d argue we have shown on multiple occasions we stick with our coaches where as Chelsea don’t

That’s all you can base it on at the moment

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
TB is a fantastic owner and understands that it might take RDZ a bit to get in a groove. Boehly though seems to expect Chelsea to be top one of the best in the world right now not down the road, so will not give GP much leeway imo.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Bloom gave Hyppia six months. Under the circumstances that was quite patient.

Bloom will give De Zerbi plenty of time.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Difficult to know the exact nature of the Boehly guy, I mean he has kept his coach for a long time in whatever shite sport they're playing in the US, so he might be more patient than Abramovich.

At the same time, "tits up" for Chelsea still means they'll win enough points to be safe from relegation while a long, difficult spell for Brighton might mean heading down into dangerous territories eventually which in worst case scenarios require action. I'm voting GP, but not with a massive margin. Most likely is that both will be fine for the foreseeable future.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Bloom was prepared to give Hyypia a lot longer and refused to accept his resignation the first time it was offered. He reluctantly accepted the second time.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bloom was prepared to give Hyypia a lot longer and refused to accept his resignation the first time it was offered. He reluctantly accepted the second time.

Maybe TB was thinking he had given Hyypiä a wonky squad? Obviously didnt watch much if any Brighton back then but on paper the squad he had looks... not so good.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No idea. How true is Todd Boehly (sp?) to his word about long time signings and patience?

I know Hyypia did the homourable thing and resigned - but just how long would TB have given him if he hadn't? If De Zerbi does a Hyypia, he'd have to go - but how long might it take? Just hope that doesn't arise, and he has a great few years with us before being poached by ManU, Citeh, Liverpool, etc. (I'm fed up with all our best talents just going to another club in London, that's getting boring. It wuld be much more gratifying to see them at one of the bigger northern clubs with a strong local identity).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Half of the gobby, entitled, Burberry-wearing chav ****s already want Potter out. He hasn’t got a hope in hell of surviving unless he regularly wins trophies.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

That was six months too long.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Maybe TB was thinking he had given Hyypiä a wonky squad? Obviously didnt watch much if any Brighton back then but on paper the squad he had looks... not so good.

The squad Hyypia had was nowhere near as good as the ones Poyet and Garcia had over the previous two seasons but nowhere near as bad as Hyypia had it playing. We'd lost players like Ashley Barnes, Andrea Orlandi, Leo Ulloa and Matt Upson over the previous 6 months and replaced them with a lot of loan players (only Liverpools João Carlos Teixeira came out of the season with any credit) and the likes of Chris O'Grady, Aaron Hughes and Paddy McCourt. Even ex England striker Darren Bent looked lost playing for us.

We were sleepwalking back to League 1 before Hyypia did the decent thing and Hughton came in and steadied the ship with a very pragmatic approach to the second half of the season, helped in no small part by the signing of King Kayal from Celtic to add some midfield bite.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Half of the gobby, entitled, Burberry-wearing chav ****s already want Potter out. He hasn’t got a hope in hell of surviving unless he regularly wins trophies.

Sensible club owners doesn't listen to fans in sports decisions though.

Not sure this Boehly bloke is sensible but probably more intelligent than their fanbase.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
TB is a fantastic owner and understands that it might take RDZ a bit to get in a groove. Boehly though seems to expect Chelsea to be top one of the best in the world right now not down the road, so will not give GP much leeway imo.

Do you have any particular opinion on Boehly from an American perspective (sorry if you've posted it elsewhere already)? There's obviously various tidbits about different American owners floating around but I can't say I've ever directly read an American's view on what Boehly or the FSG lads are like as owners.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Neither's team has kicked a competitive ball yet under their new boss but lots of speculation about the risk Potter has taken or how suitable a replacement people think De Zerbi is. So, simple question - who's more likely to get the tin tack first?

Poll to follow......

I would have thought the answer was obvious . Chelsea regardless of what they say are going to be far less tolerant of poor results than Brighton are . ( let’s hope you can’t manage to somehow accuse me of subtle racism with my answer ! )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here