Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who’s going to fill stephens position?

Big boots to fill currently but I think mr versatile alzate will be in there.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Who replaces Stephens next week?

Move Mooy into CM?

Bissouma?

Going to be a big job, what do we think GP will do about it?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If you are worried about Alzate’s defensive qualities why would you want him to play defensive midfield ?

Its more his positioning at rb which was wanting against wolves first half. In the Stephens role its about calmness on the ball, solid first touch and crisp passing which Alzate has in spades.

It's not as if we have any other solid defensive midfielders, but we do have other right backs

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The logical option is Alzate with Montoya coming in as RB. However we know Potter doesn't do logical so f*ck knows what the team will be!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
When you lose your best player, you have to make do.

Big loss in such a big game.

Yep, absolute Sod’s law, of all the games and you could see from his ‘f**k’ expression the moment he was carded he was gutted. Still, to quote the motto of Brooklyn College: ‘Nil Sine Magno Labore’ (“Nothing without great effort")

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Here's a left field suggestion. Play Montoya and Bernardo at RB and LB, Burn and Webster in the centre and stick Dunk in the Stephens role. We know he has the passing game for it, and defensively he's obviously strong.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
He gives the ball away too easily (at times), takes too long to pass the ball and still won't make a tackle, ie. when Bellerin skipped past him in the box last week and put a low cross in. Saying that, he is much improved on previous seasons, and his pass on Sunday for our first goal was the highlight of his BHA career, but I'm not bothered he's suspended on Monday.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Wow

Even after all this time he’s still got detractors. Your hopefully more statement? What exactly do you think he does badly and who in our current squad do you think can offer more?

I don't think it's an incredible statement, not with the squad we have. I think Alzate will go on to have a better career than Stephens and it will be in central midfield not right back.

Re the game on Monday I have every confidence that Mooy or Alzate will come in and perform to the high level that Stephens has shown so far this season.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Odds on Potter will dumbfound the team selectors again and perhaps a place in the 18 for one of the U23s , may be a little too soon for Richards but it wouldn't suprise me in the least if we do start to see him in the squad soon .

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Looks like I'm all alone with a vote for Peter Gwargis-think he's gonna be bigger than Connolly (sorry Aaron,not about height).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think it might be solved by having another CB. Predicting this eleven:

Ryan - Dunk, Duffy, Webster - Burn, Alzate, Mooy, Pröpper, Montoya - Maupay, Connolly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here