Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who’s going to fill stephens position?

Big boots to fill currently but I think mr versatile alzate will be in there.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
While we have been able to come close to guessing the line up recently surely it's time for something left field again soon.
So I'm going-
Ryan
Webster Dunk Burn
Montoya Propper Mooy Alzate
Trossard Gross
Maupay

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Its more his positioning at rb which was wanting against wolves first half. In the Stephens role its about calmness on the ball, solid first touch and crisp passing which Alzate has in spades.

It's not as if we have any other solid defensive midfielders, but we do have other right backs

Fair point about positioning. I’m concerned that this would also leave us exposed in midfield. Stephens has the discipline to tuck in and keep the ball moving whilst taking minimal risk thus allowing Propper and Gross to move forwards.Not sure if Alzate is ready for this role but if GP believes then so do I.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Wow

Even after all this time he’s still got detractors. Your hopefully more statement? What exactly do you think he does badly and who in our current squad do you think can offer more?

Alzate Looking a very good prospect and mooy is a definite upgrade . Always a red card waiting to happen and never scores not good enough all bough slightly improved this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here