Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Whoa whoooa whooooaaa roberto de-zerbi..... (song)

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I like this. It scans pretty well too.
I’ve song this loads of times in my car as I’ve heard it mentioned before. I’ve sung it with my son too. It works really well. The whole thing works….
🎵 De le de ler, de le de ler, de le le le ler, de le de ler, de le de ler! Gimme gimme gimme Roberto…..

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
To the tune of Billie Jean

De Zerbi is not like Potter
We’re winning games and scoring goals for the fun
No more twelve game winless runs
We’re scoring goals for the fun - no more twelve game winless runs.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Keep trying, maybe get two or three other people to sing too. It is original, funny and catchy. Definitely should be Roberts’s song.
Did try that at Anfield and the people around me loved it and a few joined in but the NSK then just sang that wretched De Zerbi song over the top of us and everyone followed suit with that :confused:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Did try that at Anfield and the people around me loved it and a few joined in but the NSK then just sang that wretched De Zerbi song over the top of us and everyone followed suit with that :confused:
Try and start it on the concourse or somewhere with a low roof. It is a brilliant song, It has the vibe of Bissouma and We’re on our way, you just can’t help smiling as you sing. 🎵 De le de ler, de le de ler….

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Set, stars! De Zerbi!
We play, we win!
We play, we win
We fuuuuuuking win.
We fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckin win.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Just one De Zerbi
Give him to me
Just one De Zerbi
From Italy

(To the tune of the cornetto advert)
Lol great minds

I posted that idea back in October - didn’t get much traction 🤷‍♂️

I was thinking something along these lines this might work too: (to the tune of the chorus of Amore)

When you try to take us down
You look like fools when we get the ball
Thats De Zerbi
And when we score a goal and then score 4 more
We’ll sing ole ole ole ole
Coz That’s De Zerbi

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
To the Okey Cokey
Oohhh Bob de Zerbi, ohh Bob de Zerbi
we bring De Zerbi in, Potter out
and that’s what we’re all about

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It’s probably because most of the kids who try and get new songs started have never heard the original because it was released over a decade before they were born.

Therefore they have no idea what tune it’s supposed to be as I’ve seen the song suggested about 30 times but I’ve never seen anybody say what tune it’s too.
Interesting point this. I suppose consumption of music is so fragmented now, there aren’t many tunes everyone just knows. Very different to the 60s/70s/80s

Ulloa's Goatie

Oct 18, 2013
Although this is a decent enough chant, surely for a manager that has us playing arguably THE best football of all time we can come up with a better chant....?

The oscar garcia song for example was a great way to show the manager what we're all about
Totally agree, feels too slow to generate the uptake achieved with other plays chants i.e OH AH Maupays, who's that man from argentina, Bissouma.

Gimme gimme could be the one..

On the topic of chants, was disappointed with the reaction for Mac Allister with no real song to get behind and show our appreciation. What happened to following Mac Allister song which has vanished?

Ali Ali Ali Ali Ali Mac Allister
Our Argentine,
You are divine

Nice and easy. Tried to bring it back on and was left with a lot of confused faces around...

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I’ve tried many many times to get this one going at away games……but failed miserably !

Gimme gimme gimme Roberto De Zerbi
He’ll take us on a journey
To the Champions League
perhaps because most fans realise it’s unrealistic that RDZ will get us to the CL this season or possibly even the next - I would feel embarrassed if that was our song and we had a shitty season in 23/4 or ended up just staying in the top 10 this season) 😊

Past tense works better imo - if and when it happens!

Gimme gimme gimme Roberto De Zerbi
He took us on a journey
To the Champions League

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Id like to get something going to the tune of don't you want me baby by the Human League. I think its mainly based on Cocktail Bar half rhyming with Shakhtar.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
-Like a Virgin-

We made it through the wilderness
Somehow we made it through
Didn't know how lost we were
Until we found you

We'd get beat
With high XG
We were sad, Potter joined the blues
But you made us feel