• Other

Votes: 17 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't vote for a particular party. I vote for the candidate that I think will do a decent'ish job should they get elected. It certainly won't be Norman Baker.
If I don't like any of them, then I spoil the paper.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Other
There are no credible parties IMHO.
Some politicians may possibly go to Westminster with good intentions but all come out of it with a big fat salary and sod all morals.

rbridd

Aug 9, 2005
Still can't quite get my head around why anyone would actually vote Labour.
Utterly untrustworthy.
Cannot deliver a thing they promised.
Still practicing the politics of envy.
Cannot seem to grasp that tax money is our money... not "government" money.
Increasing levels of taxation used for social engineering rather than service provision.
Incapable of protecting our national interests form the creeping unelected Brussels beurocracy.
no understanding of macro economics, in that the country has to earn it's way in the world. Government non-jobs will not help the balance of payments.
No realistic intention of securing our borders.
No clue on law and order.
Missing the point on education.

The tone for any organisation is set by the leadership.
This country is sinking into the mire because Labour has led it there.

A vote for Labour is a vote for decreasing living standards, continual tax rises, violence and a poverty of moral standards.

I cant see Brown tackling this. For all his rhetoric I simply do not trust him to "walk the walk".

Unfortunately, as others have noted, there is no credible alternative at present.
However, ANY vote other than Labour is not a vote wasted.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
my mate is the conservative councillor around thes ere parts, soI suppose if he stood, then I would vote for him.

We have falmer now, co we are not morally blackmailed into voting for a labourite who is never seen .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Other
There are no credible parties IMHO.
Some politicians may possibly go to Westminster with good intentions but all come out of it with a big fat salary and sod all morals.
What a cop out. We have some of the politicians in the world (across all parties). A distinct lack of corruption and a political system that forces MPs to reply to every letter written by a constituent.

I just think it's a shame that the press can't stay out of their private lives - I really couldn't give a f*** about the sex lives of our MPs as long as they are acting within the law.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Still can't quite get my head around why anyone would actually vote Labour.
Utterly untrustworthy.
Cannot deliver a thing they promised.
Still practicing the politics of envy.
Cannot seem to grasp that tax money is our money... not "government" money.
Increasing levels of taxation used for social engineering rather than service provision.
Incapable of protecting our national interests form the creeping unelected Brussels beurocracy.
no understanding of macro economics, in that the country has to earn it's way in the world. Government non-jobs will not help the balance of payments.
No realistic intention of securing our borders.
No clue on law and order.
Missing the point on education.

The tone for any organisation is set by the leadership.
This country is sinking into the mire because Labour has led it there.

A vote for Labour is a vote for decreasing living standards, continual tax rises, violence and a poverty of moral standards.

I cant see Brown tackling this. For all his rhetoric I simply do not trust him to "walk the walk".

Unfortunately, as others have noted, there is no credible alternative at present.
However, ANY vote other than Labour is not a vote wasted.

I think you have also missed the headlong rush to a survellance society through ID Cards where everything you buy will have to be supported by your id card and then all the data will be sold to mega corp, and don't give me the i've got nothing to hide bull, you will when they don't pay out on health/life /critical illness policies until you prove the alcohol you bought wasn't for you. Not too far away believe me. You are guilty until you prove innocent we are watching you..

Oh and the promise of a referendum on Europe but we don't need to worry our pretty little heads on that one.

The problem is he needs to go now (to the polls)as their is sadly no opposition, I am a lifelong tory (too much information here) but Cameron is a complete plank. Spoil your paper people.

Sorry a rant there otherwise spot on rbridd.

Last edited:

vauxhallexile

Jul 31, 2003
Labour for me, always has been but here in Guildford they will never get in. Too many stuck up the arse Torries to let that happen plus flowery Lib Dems always seem to do well and I will NEVER vote for Lib Dems for the way those w@nkers behaved over Falmer.

Worth saying (once again) that not all Lib Dems opposed Falmer. In fact some of us lobbied inside the party for Lewes Lib Dems to drop their opposition to the stadium (eventually meeting with success) and don't forget the Brighton and Hove Lib Dem councillors always voted for the stadium. Other Lib Dems (eg Portsmouth MP Mike Hancock) also supported Falmer.

The fact is that in Guildford only two things can happen.

Either the Tories (who you obviously don't like) will win.

Or if enough Labour voters back the Lib Dems then the Tories will lose the seat to the Lib Dem candidate.

Staying at home or voting Labour will just help the Tories.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I would never ever under any circumstances vote for a party with the word "labour" in its name. All that conjures up is strikes, closed shops, work-to-rule and unions. And if I needed a clincher ... what about Iraq? How many deaths of British soldiers is the labour party responsible for?

Conservative. A far better option, but I'm just not 100% sure of Cameron.

Liberal. Too pro-Europe.

UKIP for me, but if there was a BNP candidate I'd strongly consider him/her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here