Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who would you start upfront with Welbeck?

Who would you partner Welbeck up front?

• Connolly

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Maupay

Votes: 84 44.9%
  • Swiss Andy

Votes: 54 28.9%
  • A.Nother

Votes: 40 21.4%

• Total voters

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Remember when everyone praised Andone being binned, especially those ITK. Good Times. Should never have been loaned out.

D

Deleted member 2719

Players willing to take the risk and have a shot would drastically increase our goal tally, frankly I won't complain whoever they are

Very true, I just see Bissouma as a positive player; he rarely wants to use the negative pass and always tries to make things happen. We know he is probably one of our best tackler he would give their CB's a torrid time depending what the score is at the time.
He has quick feet and can draw penalties and he has the skill and strength this year to mix with those centre backs.
A reminder as if we need it of what Bissouma is capable of.

https://youtu.be/-rnALoAlrdU

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Connolly. A bit of pace in and around the big man for me. People are unfairly slating Connolly. He needs a run alongside a proper partner. Part of the problem our forwards have is not having had any chance to form a proper understanding.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I think it would be worth trying MacAllister alongside Welbeck . If he is given a less specific , more free roaming role it could pay dividends

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Potter will do what he always does and pick the best one or two strikers most likely to trouble to particular opponents we are facing.

Personally, I think as soon as they went down to ten men they were always going to sit deep and leave no space in the middle or in behind. From that moment forth, we needed ariel presence. It was never going to be Maupay or Connolly's game

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maupay, he is going through a terrible dip in form at the moment, but he has been a good player in the past, and he will be again. All players, even great ones, go through poor spells every once in a while.

I am also hoping that Florian Andone will get another chance to claim a place in the side, once he is finally fit again.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Maupay plays well in hold up and passing from an advanced midfield position. In the box it all goes terribly wrong. But he has to be the best bet to help someone else score. If Connolly doesn't get the decision when he falls over (and he is 100% certain to fall over) then he has pace and nothing else (sorry)!
But frankly it is the disaster that it looked like it would be when we failed to sign a striker in the summer. Can Percy get a work permit in January?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Maupay plays well in hold up and passing from an advanced midfield position. In the box it all goes terribly wrong. But he has to be the best bet to help someone else score. If Connolly doesn't get the decision when he falls over (and he is 100% certain to fall over) then he has pace and nothing else (sorry)!
But frankly it is the disaster that it looked like it would be when we failed to sign a striker in the summer. Can Percy get a work permit in January?

isn't he a midfielder ...?? what about wellbeck with aj and maupay in behind , maybe rotating , with alzate , biss, propper and march ...dunk , white and webster at the back .....looks good on paper , just a matter of wether the combined 450k a week players can work out how to win a game .

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Can't think of a better time to start Zeqiri in his correct position. If he can finish he's already better than the options we have.

Don't care how he's been in training.

Some players are sh1t in training and excellent on the big day, and vice versa.

Honestly I don't see any point to Maupay or Connolly. Maybe Trossard, but his form and body language have been awful.

Also interested to see what Mac Allister could do with Lallana and Welback. He can play quick one touch football...and not get in Welbeck's way.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Brolin.jpg

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm less than convinced Tau is the answer. I've not seen much of him tbh but the little I have plus his stats doesn't suggest he's the messiah.

And what, he's gonna play instead of, say, Trossard? Trossard scored 22 goals the season we signed him. Tau has got 8 in 30, over 2 seasons. Hardly going to be an improvement.
We can't get a song out of Trossard, or a guy who scored 25 goals in Holland. Hardly instils any confidence.
Players come here and forget how to score.

Amazed we're bothering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here