[Albion] Who would you start upfront with Welbeck?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you partner Welbeck up front?

• Connolly

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Maupay

Votes: 84 44.9%
  • Swiss Andy

Votes: 54 28.9%
  • A.Nother

Votes: 40 21.4%

• Total voters

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Zeqiri.

The other two seem out of form and confidence. He could be alright or not, but if you don’t play him we’ll never know.

Welbeck’s not exactly Aguero in front of goal. He has missed half a dozen very good chances but I’ll admit that he is doing better than the Barndoor brothers, Connolly & Maupay.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Not convinced we still have the right personnel, but I would put have Welbeck up top with help from an attacking midfielder, I would love to see Bissouma drive forward and cause mayhem in the opposition's box.

We have Lallana, Trossard, MacAllister, Gross, Alzate and Propper would all be better options as a central attacking midfielder than Bissouma

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Zeqiri.

The other two seem out of form and confidence. He could be alright or not, but if you don’t play him we’ll never know.

Yep, try this for 2 or 3 games to find out.
Re Maupay, to try to get his confidence back, I'd bring him on if we were 2 goals up, or seriously behind.

D

Deleted member 2719

We have Lallana, Trossard, MacAllister, Gross, Alzate and Propper would all be better options as a central attacking midfielder than Bissouma
I agree there are others, but I have been on the lash today so Biss was at the forefront of my mind!
I still reckon he would stick a few on target and make the keeper work.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If Zeqiri can smash a ball with his left peg (hopefully much like a certain Bobby Z) then get him up front and get Lallana to feed him in the channel with the instruction to hit it every time

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Welbeck & Connolly vs Wolves (if starting with two forwards). Against Arsenal, Maupay should obviously start, while he is low on confidence I think he probably got a lot of confidence in that particular matchup.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bissouma deep then with McAllister, Lallana and Alzate all further forward behind Wellbeck. Against the top 6 pull one of the 3 back. They're not quick enough though to play up when we have ball and back when we don't.

The Polish lad might challenge March for LWB or at least give us the option to rest him sometimes.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Generally I always want the one who isn't playing to be playing. Neither Connolly and Maupay are good enough at this level. Who knows about the Swiss bloke.

Potter knows this too I think, this is why he is always switching and swapping them.

He needs to make his choice and give them a chance to gel.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Has Ryan played upfront yet?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Although I don’t rate him as a striker necessarily, I went for Connolly because of his ability to make runs behind defensive lines and create openings for Welbeck.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I agree there are others, but I have been on the lash today so Biss was at the forefront of my mind!
I still reckon he would stick a few on target and make the keeper work.

Players willing to take the risk and have a shot would drastically increase our goal tally, frankly I won't complain whoever they are

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports