Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you rather see on the Legends Wall - Hart v Knight

Who would you rather see on the Legends Wall?

• Gary Hart

Votes: 114 85.1%
  • Leon Knight

Votes: 20 14.9%

• Total voters

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
TBH neither do I. I was slightly miffed when it first went up that the Withdean era was massively over-represented, but I'm over it now. Whatever it is it's just another idea that hasn't been executed terribly well.

My sentiments entirely.
When all that effort went into building a fantastic stadium, more thought should have been given to something that a lot of fans see every matchday.
1) Why the hell is the current manager at the start of things? It runs chronologically, so he should be at the end.
2) Why the hell is the current manager up there anyway? I could understand it if he had been here 5 years and achieved something. He's been here 5 minutes. Its a good job this isn't Watford. The banner would be changing every other week!
3) The images centre around two relatively short periods in our history. Late 70's to mid 80's and late 90's to mid 00's. To the outsider looking in, it would appear that very little else has happened in our history.
4) There are notable absentees and inclusions that certainly raise eyebrows.
5) Notable absentees.....Tommy Cook ( Sussex Cricketer and BHA and England footballer ) Arthur Attwood ( record goalscorer ) Eric Gill ( record no. of consecutive appearances ) Adrian Thorne ( local boy..scores 5 goals to secure first ever promotion ) Billy Lane ( long standing manager who secured first ever promotion ) Alan Mullery ( most successful manager in our history...first to secure top flight football ) Mike Bamber ( most famous chairman...responsible for Clough and Taylor, Mullery, promotions and lifting BHA to a higher profile. ) Dick Knight ( self-explanatory )
6) Dubious inclusions....one or two from the ' Mullery era ' but principally from the ' early Withdean era '....Butters / Carpenter / Oatway...really?....I think not.

Poorly thought out concept. Not representative of our history and no input from fans. Surely a poll should have been carried out. There was plenty of time.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
They also had the same design's on mugs that they sold in the club shop as were on the wall. I've had a quick look on the club website and they don't seem to be selling them anymore, it would be interesting to see if the description was 'Legends' of not.

I reckon in hind sight the club must be kicking there selves over this as a nice little extra color to the stadium has caused such a binfest. They probably should have done a fans vote before hand, a bit like them t-shirts they are selling now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
87% of NSC can't be wrong.....Shirley?

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
most players these days are of after 2 years
never will there be a player that will give his career to 1 club like harty :albion2:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Bumping this as i spotted that Leon Knight had been removed from the wall on Saturday and havent spotted a thread.

Who will replace him?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bumping this as i spotted that Leon Knight had been removed from the wall on Saturday and havent spotted a thread.

Who will replace him?

I'll take a punt on Gary Gardner.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
My sentiments entirely.
When all that effort went into building a fantastic stadium, more thought should have been given to something that a lot of fans see every matchday.
1) Why the hell is the current manager at the start of things? It runs chronologically, so he should be at the end.
2) Why the hell is the current manager up there anyway? I could understand it if he had been here 5 years and achieved something. He's been here 5 minutes. Its a good job this isn't Watford. The banner would be changing every other week!
3) The images centre around two relatively short periods in our history. Late 70's to mid 80's and late 90's to mid 00's. To the outsider looking in, it would appear that very little else has happened in our history.
4) There are notable absentees and inclusions that certainly raise eyebrows.
5) Notable absentees.....Tommy Cook ( Sussex Cricketer and BHA and England footballer ) Arthur Attwood ( record goalscorer ) Eric Gill ( record no. of consecutive appearances ) Adrian Thorne ( local boy..scores 5 goals to secure first ever promotion ) Billy Lane ( long standing manager who secured first ever promotion ) Alan Mullery ( most successful manager in our history...first to secure top flight football ) Mike Bamber ( most famous chairman...responsible for Clough and Taylor, Mullery, promotions and lifting BHA to a higher profile. ) Dick Knight ( self-explanatory )
6) Dubious inclusions....one or two from the ' Mullery era ' but principally from the ' early Withdean era '....Butters / Carpenter / Oatway...really?....I think not.

Poorly thought out concept. Not representative of our history and no input from fans. Surely a poll should have been carried out. There was plenty of time.

This is a great comment. Let's not be too harsh though, it was still a good concept and idea that served it's purpose. I do feel strongly though that now it is time for the club to rethink it and change them all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is a great comment. Let's not be too harsh though, it was still a good concept and idea that served it's purpose. I do feel strongly though that now it is time for the club to rethink it and change them all.

I found myself nodding when I read it too. As stated: the Withdean era is grossly over-represented for my money (Oatway, Butters, Paul Rogers in particular). Always found the lack of Alan Mullery felt inappropriate too, though I suppose if it's meant to be all players (plus the current boss) then fair enough. I've said it before, but Mullery in the classic "You're not worth THAT, Palace" pose would be absolutely top notch on one of those banners :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here