Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would you play in goal on Saturday?

Who would you play in goal against Blackburn?

• Christian Walton

Votes: 74 48.4%
  • Camper Ankergren

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Ali Al-Habsi

Votes: 77 50.3%

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm staggered that it's even close: Al Habsi is a proven, quality keeper; Walton is a kid, a promising one but not of Al Habsi's quality yet

Oct 25, 2003
They wouldn't sign Al Habsi on loan if they weren't going to play him. Still don't understand the signing, why give Casper a new contract if we won't play him and if the dim Finn doesn't trust him I'd rather see Walton given a chance.

i imagine casper is on quite low wages and is happy to only play the occasional game....he's a pretty decent back up really. he would have left the minute we signed PIG if he was after regular first team action

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Based on my 'expert' analysis last night

Is there a goalkeeping circumstance that won't result in Sami getting an NSC kicking from 5pm onwards, on Saturday.

Drop Walton play Al Habsi & lose = kicking, won't have lost if he played an English 'keeper.
Drop Walton play Al Habsi & draw = kicking, see above.
Drop Walton play Al Habsi & win = kicking, ideal confidence builder for young goalkeeper.

Play Walton and lose = kicking, why would you think a kid can play against Jordan Rhodes.
Play Walton and draw = kicking, with an experienced keeper we would have won, more points Hyypia has cost us.
Play Walton and win = kicking, these 'shop window' performances mean he'll be sold in January, thanks Sami.

If I were Sami I'd play Casper while wearing a t-shirt that says:-

F*** YOU
NSC
:bhasign:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i imagine casper is on quite low wages and is happy to only play the occasional game....he's a pretty decent back up really. he would have left the minute we signed PIG if he was after regular first team action

People forget that Casper is a decent keeper, who is willing to stay as number two or three. Other players would be lauded for their loyalty.
On another thread, I read posters getting nostalgic about the 11/12 team, forgetting that Casper kept 18 clean sheets that season.

El Pres has done a good analysis on clean sheets and their importance
http://www.northstandchat.com/conte...re-valuable-to-the-Albion-than-scoring-a-goal

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Walton got us a clean sheet. We've not had too many of them. He's good enough, he's old enough. And he's OURS. The more minutes he has the more he develops.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Al-Habsi.

Although I could understand the thinking in keeping Walton in goal and having Ankergren on the bench as it would allow the five outfield loan players to all keep their places in the squad.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd play whichever has the most siblings.

G'night, Jon-Boy!
G'night Olivia!
G'night Mary-Ellen!
G'night Elizabeth!
G'night Erin Esther!
G'night Momma!
G'night Poppa!
G'night Grampa!
G'night Grandma!
G'night Ben!
G'night Jason!
G'night Jim-Bob!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Walton for me.

Ali Al-Habsi I don't like the punch and hope for the best approach.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

Why have back ups if when needed we sign someone else? Complete waste of wages. That 3/4K or so that he is on could of been the difference between getting a striker like Murray here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here