Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who would you have as are back 4 ???

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
i can't really see us playing a 5-3-2 or a 3-5-2 just because we have 2 many defenders?

not a case of having to many defenders,its a case for playing to your strenghts, with the players you have at your dissposal and not leaving quality players sitting on there arse, warming the bench for the sake of sticking to 4-4-2.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I wouldn't be suprised to see one of Virgo or Elphick leave this transfer window :down:

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
elphick is a veryy veryy good centre back but i think tunnicliffe and virgo is soo much stronger to be honest ,
and whing RB and when Mcnulty is fit enought him left back :bounce:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Actually, I'll change my post. I'd like to see them all play three or four games first. I thought Hawkins was the answer after a couple of game last season and he turned out to be SHITE.

It's impossible to form an opinion without seeing them play, so unless you've closely watched Tunnicliffe in three or four games; been watching Forest closely over the past year; made some notes, worked out their strengths and weaknesses and watched some training sessions it's a load of old bollocks.

Elphick, Virgo, El Abd, Lynch, Hawkins, McNulty and Tunnicliffe. That's the competition for two, maybe three centre half places. Scary.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I think the back line will be

Smith

Whing-Tunicliffe-Virgo-Lynch

to start and then when Jimmy Mc is back and fit Lynch will replace which ever centre back is not performing. Tough on Elphick but can't see Tunicliffe not playing

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Whing , Virgo , Tunnicliffe , Lynch to start at the beginning of the season , Elphick & Cook on the bench. When McNulty returns the defence we could have 7 players vying for 4 positions.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
El Abd & Hawkins might not even be benchwarmers.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The only competition El Abd and Hawkins will be providing is this time next year at the job centre.

It's easy to write them off, but El Abd had a great season in 07/08 and most of that was at centre half. I also seem to remember a certain G.Butters being sold on eBay a few years ago, Thankfully there weren't any bidders. 90% of Brighton fans were in despair when Gary Hart started appearing up front with only a few games to go last season.

I would imagine Elphick, Tunnicliffe and Virgo will fight it out, with Lynch in contention if his heart is in it, but you never know...

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
No, no he didn't.

I beg to differ. Actually, I'm not going to beg, i'll just differ.

He was a very consistent performer at centre half and then played a blinder in the holding role. He started 36 games that season, competing with Lynch, Elphick and Butters, plus he had an injury that ruled him out for a couple of months. Many people wrote off our play of chances when he got injured.

He's not Bobby Moore but he's not Glenn Thomas either. He had a poor season and has lost his confidence, but he's done well at this level in the past. I don't expect him to start, but you can't write him off just yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here