Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who will replace Dunk next season?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There are people whose views you can largely accept if not always respect. Then there are those whose views seem to veer wildly between quite sensible and wholly illogical and you can't quite put your finger on why.

and then there are people (person) whose views that appear to be always wrong and yet refuse to accept it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You should compare them on Sqwaka, Matip is more error prone. IMO Gomez has far more potential. I would be amazed if he doesn't become a first choice CB for Liverpool and England.

I watched many PL games this season. Gomez is a great talent, but was at fault for several goals before VVD arrived. Matip, simply through and experience, is VVD's best partner at the moment.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Seeing as it’s the worst kept secret in Brighton at the moment, who do we think will replace our Liverpool heading CB. Goldson for me should be given the chance.

He’s only just good enough for us, what with his OGs and that, why on earth would he go and play for the bin dipping scum suckers up there. Give him an ounce of dignity, if we needed to get rid of him surely he’d go to spurs or arsenal.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The club will obviously take a high offer but none of us on here know what that high offer is. They may say VVD went for £75m and Keane for £30m so we want similar or they may say we signed him as a lad so £15m is a good profit.so lets take it. We do not know what the attitude of TB and PB will be.

Isn't it obvious that Dunk is one of our prime assets, star/key players and that we don't need to sell. It would therefore take significant if not silly money to prise him away. If anyone really wants him, they will have to pay.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Isn't it obvious that Dunk is one of our prime assets, star/key players and that we don't need to sell. It would therefore take significant if not silly money to prise him away. If anyone really wants him, they will have to pay.

You're talking sense to the wrong person.
In 6 months time we'll have to read 'I knew Dunk would go for £40m'.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That may be so but also if we have an able player to step in ie Goldson, selling Dunk may provide the funds or player in exchange that CH feels that we need to move up to the next level. Also the club may feel that to keep him will hold him back in his career, which they may not want. So it is not just a question of needing the cash a sale brings in. A lot of views have to be taken.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You're talking sense to the wrong person.
In 6 months time we'll have to read 'I knew Dunk would go for £40m'.

That will NEVER happen as I believe that he is a good player for us but has a value of around £20m even in todays silly market but has the potential to be better but it will not happen if he stays with us.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That may be so but also if we have an able player to step in ie Goldson, selling Dunk may provide the funds or player in exchange that CH feels that we need to move up to the next level. Also the club may feel that to keep him will hold him back in his career, which they may not want. So it is not just a question of needing the cash a sale brings in. A lot of views have to be taken.

But part of the point I was making is that WE DON'T NEED THE CASH. If we were to sell Dunk, it would be because we decide to, either because somebody does offer silly money, of because his head gets turned, (like van Dijk)OR because we decide we don't want to stand in his way.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But part of the point I was making is that WE DON'T NEED THE CASH. If we were to sell Dunk, it would be because we decide to, either because somebody does offer silly money, of because his head gets turned, (like van Dijk)OR because we decide we don't want to stand in his way.

I wouldnt disagree with that but there is another scenario that being that CH wants to signa player and if the only way is as a part player exchange. I am not saying it is so but an example is if he wanted Danny Ings and Liverpool said we will give you £20m plus Danny Ings for Dunk then perhaps it would be considered.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Liverpool, potentially with astonishing Mo Salah funds in their back pocket could buy literally any CB in the world.

Why does anyone imagine, no disrespect to LD intended , that 6th ?, 7th ? England choice Dunk is top of the list ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Liverpool, potentially with astonishing Mo Salah funds in their back pocket could buy literally any CB in the world.

Why does anyone imagine, no disrespect to LD intended , that 6th ?, 7th ? England choice Dunk is top of the list ?

I agree.

Besides, they have an unexpected £142m gained from the sale of Coutinho already available.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011

Mo won’t be going next season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He'll go if he's offered silly money that our wage structure won't allow us to match
We'll sell IF his head is turned by this and cash in
Local gossip is indeed that he won't be living in his new house (large pinch of salt though as sources 'unclear' at best)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here