Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will Gus be managing at the start of the season?

Who will Gus be managing?

• Villa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Brom

• Spurs

• Wigan

• Blackpool

• Other

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
With the horriffic levels of speculating over Gus' future, and his continual banging on about managing in the Premier League, I think a poll is required.

For me, Albion, just...

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Out of that list the only club which worries me that Gus will goto is Spurs, but they will not even think about coming in for him...So he will be at the Albion next season.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
I Hope it's Brighton!

fingers-crossed.jpg

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I think the most likely outcome is that he'll still be with us, but only if he is refused permission to talk to Swansea & Norwich or whoever, or they decide they don't want him.

I don't think any less of him because of my opinion on it, but the way I see it, it's just a job to him (and with no prior history with BHA as a local or former player, why would it be any other way?). As fans, it's very easy to assume he has an emotional attachment to the club - we expect it of the players too - but in reality, how often is that the case unless there's a genuine reason?

If he decides that a move will further his career in line with the plan he clearly has, he will go. (unless TB decides to hold him to his contract, which would probably just end in tears)

But that's IF he is actually wanted by one of the many teams who are looking for a manager - there are plenty of choices out there after all (particularly when you consider all of the leagues, overseas where I'm sure there are higher achieving managers who would cost far less to prise away).

As has been said before on the will he / won't he threads, the club is bigger than one man (even TB) and we need to trust in him to appoint the right man if and when the time comes. Time to identify and recruit before the season is important, so I really hope that if the worst happens, it comes sooner rather than later.
In the meantime, the club's marketing dept will be loving the extra publicity.........

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I can see him going to Swansea.

Frankly, I would be happy to see the back of his boring tippy-tappy football we have had to endure this year. If he stays, I just hope he gets the money to buy players capable of playing his style of football in a way that is attractive to watch.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Norwich, and the poachers will build the Premier League team we should have had with Bennett and Vicente.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Villa now out of the running.

'Poaching Norwich' still a distinct possibility I think.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Voted Palace as an objection to the thread :)

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Just spotted Pep Guadiola outside the Duke of Wellington eating a ham and cheese 12" Sub.

Looks like the merry go round is merrily going round.

TNBA

TTF
Liar. That's such a blatant lie. Why would you tell such a lie?

It was cheese and pickle.
:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here