Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will get promoted this season ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If Boro don't walk this league, after signing Downing, a couple of others I've forgotten, and in all likelihood Jordan Rhodes too, then something has gone badly wrong.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Why not?

Who put any cash on Bournemouth last season?

Bournemouth had finished 10th, 6 points off the play-off the season before they won the league. Fulham in comparison finished 17th last year. 26 points off 6th.

Not really comparable. :shrug:

Personally I think the dark-horse this year will be Birmingham. Bottom 3 before bringing in Rowett, but finished strongly in 10th. They've signed Kuszcak and a couple of other plays who look solid for this level. Outside shot for the top 6 IMO.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If Boro don't walk this league, after signing Downing, a couple of others I've forgotten, and in all likelihood Jordan Rhodes too, then something has gone badly wrong.

See QPR in 13-14, or Forest in either of the last 2 seasons.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
See QPR in 13-14, or Forest in either of the last 2 seasons.

Oh absolutely. But Boro were very close last season, unlike (say) Forest, who were mediocre to start with and tried to buy success. Boro are just adding finesse & probably goals to an already very good squad, hence my thought process.

Westmead Fan

Jul 17, 2014
Burnley have not broken the squad up unlike Hull has & i think they will go close top 10 for would be good for brighton

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As tragic as it sounds, I seem to have mentally given up on this season already.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
4th would be a success

Looks like a strong division this year, but no outright favourites.

Teams that did well last season and are proactive in the transfer market are Middlesbrough and Derby and a lesser extent Fulham,.

Derby 0-3 at home to Reading and Hull 0-1 to Burnley fouled it up when it really mattered near the end of last season.

My unfancied prediction are Sheffield Wednesday for a lot of reasons. Good defence and some promising players. Their attack is worse than ours last season, but they have spent £3 million on a winger Matias and lots of other players. Steve May may also come good for them? I fancied their chances even before these acquisitions.

So for its worth

Middlesbrough
Sheffield Wednesday
----------------------------------
Derby County
Fulham

then just about anybody including us. One of the relegated teams will probably do well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Or without the money they've spent.....

'With the money they've spend replaced by different money which was won as prize money - either way with lots of money money money...?' :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here