Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who Were Top When You Were Born?

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Born in the close season but the winners of the previous season were:

1: Liverpool
2: Leeds United
3: Coventry City
4: Gillingham.

We finished 6th in the Fourth Division

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Blackburn Olympic for me

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Everton
Oxford
Bradford
Cheaterfield

We finished 6th in the 2nd Division that season.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I can only find the final tables for 1952-53 season.
Can anyone send a link to a site that has each weekend in the season?

I tried this one https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/

But it comes up with no league found. (I tried the saturday before my actual birthday too)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
On the day I was born, Albion were knocked out of the FA Cup 0-1 at home to Leatherhead

Whilst you were crying in hospital I was crying at the match!

Good thread - I hadn’t realised that Liverpool were top when I was born back in ‘52 and we were top of div 3 south. Wow!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Wow - I never knew that - when I was born Liverpool were 7th in Div TWO and we were 18th
Capture.JPG

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Four days before I ws born, we lost 2-1 at home to Millwall, in front of 25,000 plus at the Goldstone. That left us 2nd. in the league behind Swansea; the next match, 3 days after I was born, we lost 3-0 away to Swansea.
Sadly, we didn't really kick on, and despite thrashing Ipswich 6-1 on the last day of the season, we finished up in 6th. place. As far as I can remember, I wasn't particularly bothered .................

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
On the weekend prior to my great arrival Brighton had a tremendous home win against Southend United by 4 goals to nil in front of an all male crowd of 17,708. This put the Dolphins above their opponents and into 4th place in the Third Division South. Above Brighton are Leyton Orient, also on 24 points, Northanpton Town and Ipswich both on 25 points. Brighton finished the season second, one point behind Orient. Only one team went up.
In other news, Man Utd drew at home to Arsenal but stay top of the First Division and Tottenham Hotspur drew with Cardiff City but stay bottom.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Games hadn't kicked off by that point in August but a week after I was born we signed Jimmy Case from Liverpool for 350k. I was a week old and had only learnt to count up to 300,000 so it seemed like a lot of money to me at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here