who went to Brighton / Notts county

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted member 2719

I honestly thought Nelson had left for Charlton by then ?

Apparently Nelson had his old boy in his hand as Baz told him your not in the squad to play, although Jonny B had more bandages on than Tutankhamun and still got on. May i add he was also slower than Tutankhamun that day.

One of the few mistake i believe Baz made as the Albion manager.

D

Deleted member 2719

1. Perry Digweed
2. Gary Chivers
3. Steve Gatting *
4. Dean Wilkins
5. Nicky Bissett
6. Colin Pates
7. Mark Barham
8. Stefan Iovan +
9. Michael Small
10. Robert Codner
11. Clive Walker

Sub: Ian Chapman *62
Sub: John Byrne +62

Baz lloyd surely massively over achieved on a budget and only 90 mins from top flight football.

Not sure Gus has bettered that yet.

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
Yep, first time I properly cried at a football match, was 17 years young and quite a few stone lighter. Looking forward to my kids experiencing the big time for real themselves!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
I wasn't there, was 13, family isn't into football, but can remember where i was, was at a family friends house in kent, and i was sitting in the parents car listening to it on the radio, remember being gutted with the result

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Yep. A fair sized group of us went up from Horsham. Took the slow tube to Wembley and had to get off at each station, find a pub and have a tequila slammer. And there are some pretty dodgy stops on the way! ********d for the game, which was just awful. Not sure I could manage all that this time...

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I was there to continue my Albion Wembley jinx. Will it be 4th time unlucky?

happyseagull

Dec 15, 2008
Loughborough
I was there, waving the flags for our big day out, Tommy Johnson (the arse) had a stormer and we didn't turn up...the main difference that I can see is that our team now can produce in big games. love it

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was there, 14yo, a sea of 30,000 blue and white Albion fans was beautiful to see in the old wembley, shame bout the performance if only Byrne was fitter on the day.... loved the Millenium day out too.

41,000 Albion. Even in the lean years, we mustered that support for a one off.

Lloyd was outwitted by Warnock with a 5 man midfield that destroyed us and ended the tie in the first half.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Was there and remember the huge Albion support, but also that Notts County seriously outplayed us!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I was 15 at the time and was sat in the family section, which was superbly right next to the Albion dug out.
Things that stand out:

Being so close to the bench, I got a good view of Johnny Crumplin's chicken pox looking bloody grim
Both times we hit the woodwork
Booing as the train passed by Selhurst

Poor game overall, but I loved my first visit to Wembley, even though it was dying on it's arse. That said Wembley is IMMENSE as a stadium now... hope I can go there again soon!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Me. I was wearing a cool Canadian Milkman's jacket procured from trendy thrift shop Rockit in the North Laines which I lent to a fellow NSC'er (Varndean VI Form) and never saw again.

Aforementioned poster turned up just before half time as he didn't realise the trains would be on a Sunday Service for bank holiday Monday. Tool.

Sat right by the box with Des Lynam about four seats along.

Dead Wilkins forgot that he had scored in the post match interview, saying that we'd been done 3 zip.

Funnily enough I remember that and the interviewer having to remind him that he had scored. Apart from Wilkins please can some kind person remind me who else was in the squad that day. I have a vague recollection that Byrne was injured, or had he left by then?

EDIT just spotted mouldy boots post above!!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was there. Sat right at the back behind one of the goals so couldn't see large parts of the rest of the stadium because of the roof line which made it a slightly weird, detached experience. We didn't turn up on the pitch that day - not something I would worry about with the current management team and squad. But....need to get there first!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports