Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who was your first favourite player?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Not an easy question for me to answer, to be honest.

If I think back to my younger years, the only time I ever really paid attention to football was on hearing about Australia yet again failing to reach the World Cup at the final hurdle (until they actually made it). back then, the players I remember are Harry Kewell and Mark Viduka, and Kewell is the one I remember thinking about in terms of "we need him on the pitch".

Since moving to the UK and being persuaded into following Football by the Albion (and this very community of Albion supporters), I don't think I can pick out any single player. I follow the team. Players come, and players go. But there will always (hopefully) be BHAFC.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bill Cassidy scored the first goal I ever saw. I started my football supporting days following Cambridge United, and he scored the first in a 2-0 win against Hartlepool.

He was soon to be usurped by the incomparable Brian Greenhalgh. Loved him.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Kit Napier

The corner he scored from the north-east flag was absolutely sublime

I was there, and it was indeed.

Kit Napier gets a lot of mentions here, and he was one of my favourites, too with his silky skills. This wasn't a very general feeling though from where I was standing on the east terraces. His languid style was mistaken by many, who considered him a lazy player who needed to 'get stuck in' and he got quite a bit of stick about this and wasn't appreciated as much as he deserved to be at the time. As well as THAT corner, his corners generally were so well delivered that they caused havoc in opposing defences and were therefore looked forward to with great anticipation. Whilst his corners were legendary, his passing, shooting and reading of the game were very often ahead of the other 21 on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here