Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Who was your favourite Kent Waltham era all-in wrestler?

el punal

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
'Bomber' from Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

Pat_Roach.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't remember any buttocking on world of sport??

Then again my memory isn't all it should be.
All I remember was the half Nelson.

Nowhere near as painful as the full Nelson, which left the opponent with only one arm and eye left.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
A glorious staple of my childhood Saturday afternoons. And the best thing was that it was honest Panto and not trying to desperately convince you it's real like the ridiculous WWE ' sports entertainment '.

So many memories. Johnny Kwango and his head butt and Kendo Nagasaki always just managing to fend off an unmasking. All the ' baddies ' like McManus, Syd Cooper and Jim Breaks always wore the black singlets whilst the clean cut ' goodies ' like Johnny Saint wore the neat trunks. And not forgetting all the old biddies going mental down the front.

And then it was the classified results. Lovely stuff!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Has to be the late Mick McManus surely. I lost count of the times my dear old mum, normally such a mild mannered lady, attacked the television set with her handbag on a Saturday afternoon.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
"I could put a tennis racket up against my face, and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki" (HMHB).

Jackie Pallo, and Les Kellett were my faves

Mick McManus and Steve Logan were always the bad guys, and liable to be targeted by angry brolly-wielding grannies ringside :)

Used to watch the wrestling (World of Sport) while waiting for the classified football results, although at 4.50 prompt, I'd switch over to the BBC's Final Score.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And Tibor Szakacs the Hungarian grappler

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
"I:)

Used to watch the wrestling (World of Sport) while waiting for the classified football results, although at 4.50 prompt, I'd switch over to the BBC's Final Score.
That's exactly what l would do as a kid too . . . until my dad deemed me old enough to actually go and watch games live that is.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"I could put a tennis racket up against my face, and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki" (HMHB).

Jackie Pallo, and Les Kellett were my faves

Mick McManus and Steve Logan were always the bad guys, and liable to be targeted by angry brolly-wielding grannies ringside :)

Kendo Nagasaki, Catweazle, Mick McManus and Giant Haystacks are the four who I always think of. Obviously Big Daddy was around but even as a kid, I could see that his fights were 'wrong' (I know the rest were but you know what I mean).

Of course, Kendo re-entered my life in later years in the chorus of the great Half Man Half Biscuit track Everything's AOR:
"But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki"
Not to mention

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Paging @enrest

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Brian Glover and Pat Roach both went on to make it as actors, didn't Kendo Nagasaki get the whole mask thing from Count Bartelli ? Jackie Pallo and Mick McManus were brilliant as the bad guys, Les Kellet was hilarious, The Royal Brothers with Bert Royal and Vic Faulkner :shrug:

Don't remember any of it :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Johnny Saint for me, fast as lightning with his moves ( yes, I know, all scripted ) against the bad guys..Catweazle and Johnny Kwango honourable mentions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here