Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who was brightons most loyal manager?

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
And mine...shabbily treated, he had such a passion for the club
Wasnt he sacked despite a top 10 fininish in the old Division 1?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And mine...shabbily treated, he had such a passion for the club
Wasnt he sacked despite a top 10 -fininish in the old Division 1?

Cattlin managed us in the old second division.

We have never finished in the top ten in the old division one.

Wrappo

Feb 2, 2012
Worthing
Loyal Managers

Whilst Chris Cattlin must be a contender he was sacked before he could really prove his worth. Looking at the history books John Jackson in the early part of the last century must rank high in the loyalty stakes.
UTA

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
After much thought, i've decided it's probably not Brian Clough.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Cattlin was a genius and made Mullery look a third rate spiv. He built an exciting side full of players who went onto great things with next to no money. Dean Saunders, Danny Wilson, Eric Young, Martin Keown (season long loan), and turned Terry Connor into an England U21 player who then scored on his debut.

I have no idea why he was sacked, and can't help wondering the sort of side he'd have built with the money Mullery was given in the late 70s.

cattlin was a genius and made mullery look a third rate spiv. He built an exciting side full of players who went onto great things with next to no money. Dean saunders, danny wilson, eric young, martin keown (season long loan), and turned terry connor into an england u21 player who then scored on his debut.

I have no idea why he was sacked, and can't help wondering the sort of side he'd have built with the money mullery was given in the late 70s.

i think he was sacked for not taking us into another division???

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
He was sacked when Mullery's backers gained control in board room and got up to pranks like flying a plane over the Goldstone with a bring Mullery back banner trailing behind. Most fans who watched at the Goldstone that day couldn't understand why, CC was gone soon after ...... What might have been with that team. Apart from names mentioned by Simster we also had Hans Kraay, Alan Young, and for a short time Frank Worthington - but the real gem he didn't mention was was Steve Penney

he was sacked when mullery's backers gained control in board room and got up to pranks like flying a plane over the goldstone with a bring mullery back banner trailing behind. Most fans who watched at the goldstone that day couldn't understand why, cc was gone soon after ...... What might have been with that team. Apart from names mentioned by simster we also had hans kraay, alan young, and for a short time frank worthington - but the real gem he didn't mention was was steve penney

mullers was a fall guy:down:

cattlin was a genius and made mullery look a third rate spiv. He built an exciting side full of players who went onto great things with next to no money. Dean saunders, danny wilson, eric young, martin keown (season long loan), and turned terry connor into an england u21 player who then scored on his debut.

I have no idea why he was sacked, and can't help wondering the sort of side he'd have built with the money mullery was given in the late 70s.

wilson 40k penny 10k dean saunders £33 cattlin master of the transfer,only fash at 100k didn't quite work for us although loved watching him play:thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He was sacked when Mullery's backers gained control in board room and got up to pranks like flying a plane over the Goldstone with a bring Mullery back banner trailing behind. Most fans who watched at the Goldstone that day couldn't understand why, CC was gone soon after ...... What might have been with that team. Apart from names mentioned by Simster we also had Hans Kraay, Alan Young, and for a short time Frank Worthington - but the real gem he didn't mention was was Steve Penney
Yep Penney was quality. And Joe Corrigan!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Cattlin was a genius and made Mullery look a third rate spiv. He built an exciting side full of players who went onto great things with next to no money. Dean Saunders, Danny Wilson, Eric Young, Martin Keown (season long loan), and turned Terry Connor into an England U21 player who then scored on his debut.

I have no idea why he was sacked, and can't help wondering the sort of side he'd have built with the money Mullery was given in the late 70s.

The fashanu signing contributed to his sacking.

Didn't take Lloyd long to rip into that side

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Cattlin,lived and breathed Albion,,cut him in half and he bleed blue and white,,was building a fantastic team as well,,treated disgracefully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here