Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who wants a bubble for Palace ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that the police, the clubs and more especially the fans were all happy with the operation and would expect similar to be suggested for the Palace games both home and away next season.

Jan 30, 2008
I thought that the police, the clubs and more especially the fans were all happy with the operation and would expect similar to be suggested for the Palace games both home and away next season.
you sure Grandad , who are these fans you speak of :shrug:

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Do we know how many tickets we should get? If not lucky to get a ticket and not on sky it should be beamed back somewhere, big screen at Amex or large indoor venue as it'll be freezing

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The bubble thing assumes that all fans are based locally to their club. If I had to drive from here to Brighton, to catch a coach to Croydon, I'd be well macked off.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I very much doubt it will be beamed back like it was at Palace..

I know we had to give permission for them to have it.
I'm sure they will do it in return if it's not on sky, it should be beamed to large indoor venue.
Why do u think it wouldn't happen?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I know we had to give permission for them to have it.
I'm sure they will do it in return if it's not on sky, it should be beamed to large indoor venue.
Why do u think it wouldn't happen?

There isn't a place it could be beamed back to unless they done it in one of the concourses but I couldn't imagine the club doing that, there would be thousands who couldn't get a ticket watching there, could be impossible to cater. Dicks bar would be too small for the amount of people who want to watch it aswell.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Won't work. There'll be hundreds of pissed up, ticketless lads going anyway. :lol:

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
There isn't a place it could be beamed back to unless they done it in one of the concourses but I couldn't imagine the club doing that, there would be thousands who couldn't get a ticket watching there, could be impossible to cater. Dicks bar would be too small for the amount of people who want to watch it aswell.

Ah would it have to be at the stadium? If yes how about big screen on pitch? If a few thousand turned up
It would be a good money spinner

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

They beamed the Ipswich game back to the greyhound stadium when we stayed up, and that was at Withers. A beam back option would be nice - if they can do it at shitehurst there must be the option to use the Amex big screens or something you'd think.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The bubble thing assumes that all fans are based locally to their club. If I had to drive from here to Brighton, to catch a coach to Croydon, I'd be well macked off.

It doesn't though. Clubs and police will be well aware that a bubble setup can seriously inconvenience some distant fans. However they are in the minority and the pain is accepted for the perceived greater good.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It doesn't though. Clubs and police will be well aware that a bubble setup can seriously inconvenience some distant fans. However they are in the minority and the pain is accepted for the perceived greater good.

I guess.

Take an evening game at Palace, though as an example. Of 3000 Albion, you might have as many as 300 or so who work in London. To expect them all to leave work at 2-3pm, to get a train down to Brighton, just to catch a coach back again, would be a massive pisstake. The upshot would be hundreds trying to find ways to get tickets in the home end, which just creates bigger problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here