Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who travels the furthest to get to home games then?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Me and my 3 young lads are STs in the North Stand and have a round trip of 264 miles every home game, we're on the north Bucks/Northamptonshire border. We like to make a day of it, so on a Saturday we leave home about 9.30am and get home about 10.15am, so a 13 hour day, and just back to local pub for MOTD.

It's about the same round trip for us to go to Leeds v Brighton!

I've been a fan for 38 years, and my 3 lads a total of 33 years between them.

I love hearing these sorts of stories. That's devotion. fair play to you all. Must be good for away games for you sometimes!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
slower by about four hours by train, on an evening game i get home about one ish, oooops maybe i shouldn't be answering on here seeing as though i'm not local

Jeeze that's a treck. You think about it most of old Trafford is filled with cockneys on a Saturday afternoon

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Me and my 3 young lads are STs in the North Stand and have a round trip of 264 miles every home game, we're on the north Bucks/Northamptonshire border. We like to make a day of it, so on a Saturday we leave home about 9.30am and get home about 10.15am, so a 13 hour day, and just back to local pub for MOTD.

It's about the same round trip for us to go to Leeds v Brighton!

I've been a fan for 38 years, and my 3 lads a total of 33 years between them.

I leave at 7.00 am and get back at about 10.00 pm! At least now I'm dry on the way home unlike some Withdean trips!

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I love hearing these sorts of stories. That's devotion. fair play to you all. Must be good for away games for you sometimes!

Yes Neecha, for a few seasons in the Withdean years we just did away games, now we probably make 19 or 20 home games a season (evening games and games moved for TV are a pain for us) and we make about 15 away games a season too, and away games are usually much shorter days!

For about 35 weeks of the year it is a complete way of life! For the other weeks we are all very irritable because we never see the sea....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
400 mile round trip - between 7 and 8 hours on rhe road each game.
Missed one match last season when the car broke down just north of London.
With away games we covered just over 15000 miles over the course of the season.

Tuesday night we drove over from Amsterdam straight to the game from the ferry - started out in Holland at 6am and got home to Worcestershire at 2am the following day :lolol:

Last edited:

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
380 miles, often solo sometimes with my daughter. For evening games i tend to book work appointments in the vicinity to justify an overnighter.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I know someone who did 20,000plus for the opening game.

:thumbup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here