Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who to sign?

horshamseagull11

seagullshorsham
Dec 11, 2010
Eastbourne
Players to consider?

At Preston:

Sean St Ledger- versatile defender can cover at right or left back.
Billy Jones- young talented central defender.

At Leeds:

Patrick Kisnorbo out of favor with injury, strong experienced central defender.

At Sheffield united:

Ched Evans- young striker, huge talent

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I mentioned Billy Jones in another thread, he's got quite a left foot on him and can score free kicks... as we've seen for ourselves. He would offer left back and centre back cover, which is worth considering but I don't think Ched Evans is. Everytime I've seen him he has looked slow and very overrated. I don't think he's worth the risk.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I always thought Jones was purely a left back. Good player though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I always thought Jones was purely a left back. Good player though.

So did I, but a Crewe fan assures me he was better in the centre of their defence. He seems a bit like McNulty, we signed him as a left back but he'd been playing for Stockport at centre back, because Michael Rose was their left back at the time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Similarly Marcos Painter. Played regularly at centre-back in Swansea's L1 title win. Swans mate of mine can't understand at all why we'd play him at left back.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Different player. there are two billy jones

:lolol: That explains it. I vaguely remember now.

Well, the Billy Jones who scored twice against us in the 4-0 belly rubbing (McNulty's injury :down: ), would be worth a look. Is he the one who is still there?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Different player. there are two billy jones

There are, and bothe are defenders who played for Crewe. I think we know the one we are talking about though. Played left back at the Withdean, scored a cracking free kick. Now at Preston. That's all the same lad.

the other one is at Exeter now, and I can't really recall him at all.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
There's 2 Billy Jones', both played a lot of games for Crewe, and both are defenders. Bloody confusing.

Either way, one of them was a cracking player, but i'm not sure which one :lol: The other may well be just as good. I'm presuming the one who impressed me moved to Preston.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Clayton Donaldson

Struggled at this level before, and looked a real donkey, in the mould of Mark Mccammon. There are some good goalscorers at league 2, who have the ability to play at a higher level, but there are others who will struggle at a higher level, Craig Davies/Fleetwood/Donaldson etc, all of whom have very little ability on the ball but create so many chances with their pace/power.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If Benno goes to Norwich maybe Cody McDonald coming the other way? Scored plenty (admittedly in league two on loan at Gills) but young and talented. Could be a good one to bring through via the Development squad and the subs bench.
I think Billy Jones has a chance of moving up to the prem next season.
Don't rate Ched Evans at all - strikers may do other things than just score goals but you do expect them to at least score some.

Last edited:

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
Kisnorbo being offered new deal at Leeds and Ched Evans being chased bout Ipswich.
Sure the Preston Boys would be a good addition although whether good enough would remain to be seen.

Farley11

Jun 16, 2008
Mile Oak
There are, and bothe are defenders who played for Crewe. I think we know the one we are talking about though. Played left back at the Withdean, scored a cracking free kick. Now at Preston. That's all the same lad.

the other one is at Exeter now, and I can't really recall him at all.

The exeter jones scored the free kick and penalty

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Bueno striker on loan at Derby.
Parrino Right Back/Centre Half on loan at Shef Utd
Marlon Harewood Blackpool

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
3 out of 4 of those players (St Ledger, Evans and Jones) all play for relegated clubs. i.e. clubs not good enough for the Championship. Don't you think our sights should be a tad higher?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
What was wrong with the 'Realistic Signings' thread?

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here