Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who stole the rain

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Not that im complaining but what the hell, what a start to the Spring its stunning, cant help but think we need some rain though the rivers look glum.

I want to relay the grass in my garden but think il wait till next year, dont fancy a fine.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The dirty northern bastards. North of Watford the land is like a swamp and all the reservoirs are over flowing.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Could not care less about grass or flowers,but everything gets effected by lack of rain,lack of water then creates a lack of food,that hits all animals,birds and insects alike,then what starts with """"nice weather"""" takes a journey of Hose pipe bans,water rationing,daily trips to the water tankers in the streets,then moves onto increased food prices next year and increased water rates so on and so forth..

Anyone up for a water bomb fight?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i'm bronzing already. we don't want a hosepipe ban. As long as we can boast ice cold beer,soft drinks,fish and chips,warm beaches and a friendly seaside way the people keep on coming, that means more money in the coffers. Not too many out of towners though. Foreign tourists i can stand but only one lot of tourists in one day. Otherwise there's not enough brighton for the locals ;D

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Perhaps the Mayan prophets were correct-the world will end in 2012.....through a drought

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
The dirty northern bastards. North of Watford the land is like a swamp and all the reservoirs are over flowing.

Just north of Watford Gap and this is our local reservoir :(

article-0-11D39ADB000005DC-321_468x2861.jpg

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There is just as much drout up here you know.

Carsington looks OK, normal levels for the time of year. I was exaggerating ( slightly.)

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Rain has been so rare over the past couple of years it's crazy.

Anyway, hosepipe ban begins 1st April I thought?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
There is just as much drout up here you know.

Get a pipe down south please!!!

If a pipeline can be stretched to carry oil and gas around Siberia and Alaska then we can get a hosepipe down through England to carry water.

Edit: i did not quite read your reply-well get a pipe down from Scotland then....:stupid:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Judging by the Sky F1 Channel, it's all in Malaysia.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
why cant they build a plant that turns sea water in to drinking water it cant be that hard.

They are very expensive to run, and it just boosts the cost of water up as has been said.

Not to mention the increased carbon emissions :(

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
why cant they build a plant that turns sea water in to drinking water it cant be that hard.

Does seem so daft that we are a island surrounded by water.

as for comments about the process being to expensive then they will need to come up with something as the seasons are getting warmer.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Not that im complaining but what the hell, what a start to the Spring its stunning, cant help but think we need some rain though the rivers look glum.

I want to relay the grass in my garden but think il wait till next year, dont fancy a fine.

When laying new turf, you are legally allowed to use a hose pipe to water them for 28 days from laying during a hose pipe ban.
So get around the ban i relay mine every 28 days, :thumbsup:

http://www.landscapejuice.com/2010/07/can-i-water-my-newly-laid-lawn-during-a-hosepipe-ban.html

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Get a pipe down south please!!!

If a pipeline can be stretched to carry oil and gas around Siberia and Alaska then we can get a hosepipe down through England to carry water.

Edit: i did not quite read your reply-well get a pipe down from Scotland then....:stupid:

i've tought that for years, ever since my teens it seemed dumb that we have lack of water while north/wales/scotland have an abundance. a national water grid seems obvious and could use the canal network to do half the work. alas, it costs money and i dont think we ever have a long enough drought to focus minds, by the time they are at a stage of taking it seriously the rain is back. then people ask, do we need it etc etc and the idea gets selved again.

i have since learnt there is one objection, that piping water around might "pollute" water in different areas, with different acid/alkaline, mineral and bacterial properties of the water. i think thats a load of bollocks, but there you are.

its really simple, but really expensive. though i wonder if you could have solar powered desalination, as when you have the water shortage problem you typically have lots of sunny weather. even then you have the problem of spending hundred of millions then finding it might not be needed for 10 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here