Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who on here saw the Albion play at the Goldstone?

Did you see the Albion play at the Goldstone?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:laugh::jester:Well at least this poll has outed the nouveu plastic glory hunters on NSC

I am actually suprised that it is over 90% who have seen the Albion there as I thought we may have picked up quite a few new young fans in the Championship seasons who had never been to the Goldstone.

Last edited:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
very fond memories. was only small, mind. north stand, right of the goal, right down the front.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The smash of glass and the rumble of boots. Tea tasting like diesel. Piss following you out of the 'toilets'. Burgers made of unspecificied species. Grumpy old bastards on the door.

Then when you got to the top of the stairs going up to the North Stand, onto the terrace, there was the pitch in front of you, and the heart quickened a beat. Take your place with your mates on the terrace, next to some smelly old git who insisted on smoking you and everyone else with twenty feet to death. Those within thirty feet usually got a throat load of hacked-up greenie sprayed on you.

Then the players came out to a tinny 'Sussex by the Sea'. Watch Peter O'Sullivan / Steve Penney / Tony Towner take the piss out of some poor, unsuspecting full-back. Peter Ward / Michael Robinson / Garry Nelson on hand to bang in the winner. Jump around like a dervish, while steaming down the terrace, shouting yourself hoarse. Players go off to appreciative applause.

Leave the hallowed place, avoid the mad bastards from Manchester City / Arsenal / Leeds United without laces in their DMs, trying to chase you across Hove Park for a good kicking.

Find a good fish and chip shop on the way home once back in safe territory.

f***, I miss that place... :down:

Great Days !!!

I take my 2 boys to Withdean and its like going to the theatre......everyone reserved...kinda quiet...no atmosphere...i try to tell them

The Goldstone was packed atmosphere electric, Brighton would challenge, compete and triumph on the field and before, during and after an edgeness that was fear of trouble but the excitement and thrill of surviving the madness !!!

Watching the guys from 'The Bosun' looking after our patch.. watching Peter Ward looking after his patch..briliant

Crazy Crazy days but what an experience....I was only 10 or 12.....lol

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Supporter since mid-70's... so, Yes...

franks brother

great memories i started going a round 1968-69, I walked from home down the upper drive then along old shoreham road with my dad, walk though the turnstills of the chicken run up the concrete steps and look down at the greenist grass i have ever seen,after the match i remember all the buses waiting along old shoreham road

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
On and off in late 70's, regularly in early 80's, culminating in season ticket for couple of years. Then moved away from Sussex (uni etc) and then very sporadically.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Years spent there. No that Falmer is looking good, lets be honest it was a dump. Better than Withdean yes, but .....

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Saw my first game from the West stand in 1971, then I stood in the East before moving to the North, then back to the West in the 1990's.

Took my eldest daughter to her first game in the South Stand in the early 1990's.

So many memories, so much happiness and emotions. I have made many enduring friends through the Albion, some of them I know post on here from time to time, but I won't embarrass them by naming them.

Last season I took my youngest daughter to the Withdean for her first game (5 years old), and cannot wait until my boys (twins - 2 years old) are big enough to sit still for a 45 minute stretch!

I can't forgive the Board for what they did, and Stanley must take his share of the blame too, so I can understand why people won't visit the retail park: I wouldn't either.

I feel a mixture of excitement and trepidation this year, partly because of the good news, and partly because I'm moving back to Sussex - Windmill Hill - hopefully on the 15th of this month,having secured a teaching post in St Leonards. Good times may finally be around the corner...

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
My first game was in 1979 a 4-0 loss to arsenal.I was 7.First started to going to all the games while at Hove Park school and in my last year at school in 1988 the great side that went up.Keith Dublin,Garry Nelson and co.2 games stand out that year Arsenal in the cup 28,000 there and Bristol Rovers what a day and 20,000 there,

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
First game in 1975 (6yrs old). Regular on the East Terrace through my youth (old man, cousin and mates were all Albion). Migrated into North Stand as an adolescent and been season ticket holder since 89/90.

Happy days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here