Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who on here has switched allegiance from another League club to the Albion?

Who on here has switched allegiance from another League club to the Albion?

• Yes, that’ll be me

• Nope, Albion have always been my first team.

Results are only viewable after voting.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Spurs seem to have lost quite a few fans to the Albion :lolol:

I wonder if anyone is going to out themselves as ex Palace :wink:
That'll be me ish...

I do remember going to the Palace Brighton game and a brighton fan desperate for a tear up with palace fans had SPURS tattooed on his knuckles :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Spurs seem to have lost quite a few fans to the Albion :lolol:

I wonder if anyone is going to out themselves as ex Palace :wink:
I have a friend who's a palace fan. Proper died in the wool type, goes to matches up there often. Thing is he also likes Brighton and often goes to the Amex. He grew up in the 90's when we hit rock bottom and they were cheating their way to relative success. It's not a conversion, but still pretty weird in my book.

Last edited:

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I have a friend who's a palace fan. Proper died in the wool type, goes to matches up there often. Thing is he also likes Brighton and often goes to the Amex. He grew up in the 90's when were hit rock bottom and they were cheating their way to relative success. It's not a conversion, but still pretty weird in my book.
likes Brighton & Palace - sounds a right twat

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was brought up by mum and dad as a spurs fan and went regularly to games from the age of 10 through the 90s however i was born and raised in Brighton. It never quite felt right being a spurs fan however i can't let go as i have many happy memories going to watch spurs with my mum. I met all the players for my 16th and 19th bday which gave me special memories. I use to always go with a mate who died of a drug overdose. Turning my back on spurs would be like turning my back on a lot of my childhood.

I only started watching Brighton in the late 90s., although my first game i believe was FA cup against Wycombe at the Goldstone. It was never a problem with Brighton being in the lower leagues however now they are in the same league and both competing. I never thought i'd see the day really. I am going to Spurs Brighton on the 8th, which is kind of a win win either way for me... unless they draw.

I really loved the Brighton era at the withdean and went to a lot of the games however i am glad they have the new ground and are one of the best teams in the country (just writing that sends tingles) but i rarely see them at the Amex. I liked the fact i could drive 10 mins from my dads, park up easily watch the game and then go back to my dads. Spurs 90s is my childhood but Brighton 2002-2010 give me very very happy memories more than spurs.

I know "proper" supporters don't have two teams however i can't let go on my childhood and relationship being a spurs fan gave me with my mum and Brighton is where i always feel at home and love. I feel i will always be torn.

Just for the record I AM NOT A MEMBER OF ANY SPURS FORUMS... this is home.
I’ll hazard a guess that if this is your first live watch of Spurs vs Albion you might come down on one side or the other :smile:

I went to my first game between them thinking I wouldn’t care who won. The day I became an Albion fan

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I’ll hazard a guess that if this is your first live watch of Spurs vs Albion you might come down on one side or the other :smile:

I went to my first game between them thinking I wouldn’t care who won. The day I became an Albion fan
Actually i've seen them play live a few times. Was at the FA cup match where chippie got a free kick to make it 1-1 but robbie keane got a blinder to win it.

Seen them play in the league a few times too. Everytime i was at the spurs end but have always been 50/50 who i wanted to win. I did want Brighton to win the FA cup game though back in the 2000s.

I would add spurs piss me off massively... as a kid i was the only one at school wearing a spurs shirt (most man u) and like some brighton fans have said on here they were bullied, i was also taunted because spurs have won f all virtually my whole lifetime. Being a Brighton fan is much better.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I already know, we have had a heart breaking couple of games against them and one game where we got our revenge big time :lolol:

One game produced the best ever Amex atmosphere until the Chelsea game

My son in law is a massive fan of them too :wink:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes. People think supporting a 'big' club is some sort of Sky-induced recent phenomena , but it was also the case when I was growing up in the Sixties and Seventies. In Lancing everybody supported Brighton and a big club, there was never any conflict as the paths never crossed, it's a bit like people today saying they support Brighton and say Lewes or Worthing.
Yep, my Dad used to ‘support’ Blackpool and support Brighton. I used to ‘support’ Leeds before my first Albion live game in 1976 (ten years old). I moved away from Sussex when I was 18 so have tended to follow whoever has been my local club, so that’s Darlington, West Ham, Millwall, Maidenhead, Sudbury and now Tranmere. We will be at Prenton Park tomorrow night. Can’t wait.

Last edited:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Don't know about switching allegiance but I grew up in a Newcastle supporting family without particularly supporting them myself. I guess I probably had a Newcastle bias though and heading up from Surrey to London with my brother to watch games we'd go anywhere really just to watch football but if Newcastle were in the capital that'd be our choice. My Dad was from Brighton so even though he wasn't really into football I still kept an eye out for results and chose the right coloured stripes when I moved here in the early 90s

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Albion all the way, bullied and ridiculed by plastics at school for it.
This! Scottish plastics and really not helped that our kit for my early years of high school was...

1680204968628.png

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Good thread, and I'm pleased to see there are no ex- Fulham on here! There was an obituary in the Fulham programme earlier this season about a bloke who had STs at the Amex and Cottage.

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
For me, it's always been the Albion. But I had a close shave as a young lad growing up in the Beckenham/Bromley area.

On a cold winter's day, at about the age of nine, one of my uncles said he'd take me to Selhurst Park to catch a game. I remember watching the TV before we were about to leave, and I heard that the game had been postponed. But as I was a very quiet boy, who wouldn't say boo to a goose, I didn't mention this news to my uncle (who remained oblivious). So we headed to the match, and when we got to the ground, we had to turn right round and come back home.

My next opportunity to witness a proper professional game of Association Football came some months later. As my parents had divorced, me and my sister regularly came down to stay with my Dad in Hove. So on Saturday 10th September 1977, a workmate of my Dad offered to take me, along with her Liverpudlian boyfriend to Brighton (2) v Hull (1), and I never looked back. I can't really remember anything from the game itself, but the stand was packed to the gills and I was hooked.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Good thread, and I'm pleased to see there are no ex- Fulham on here! There was an obituary in the Fulham programme earlier this season about a bloke who had STs at the Amex and Cottage.

Phew, had me worried for a bit there. The actor Ray Brooks used to have STs for both, had to check he's still with us.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Followed Chelsea from age 10 to 13 ( with little interest) and saw the light in 1981 when I was 14 realising I should be following my local Sussex team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here